PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to a friend and mentor.

Bo_Beck
03-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Terry it has been a pleasure to work alongside you for over 6 years! You have been an inspiration, mentor and friend to the many lives you've touched! I'll miss you and so will many others. My heart goes out to your absolutely wonderful family and the many friends you'll be leaving behind. We love you man.

Terry is one of the staff here at The Desert Rat and has a short time left here in this world. Diagnosed with anaplastic thyroid cancer last week that can not be operated on, Terry has made a choice to forgo chemo, and radiation therapy and spend his remaining days in reasonably good spirits with family and friends here in S. Utah.

tanya
03-05-2012, 08:26 AM
I am so sorry Terry. I know Bo will be missing a wonderful friend and your family will miss you very much. I have heard such good things about you. You have left a great footprint on the world.

Win
03-05-2012, 01:17 PM
This is terrible news, Terry is a neighbor and I only recently found out that he worked with you. I understand Terry worked a lot with the scouts and is very well respected in our area. Yo and I are both keeping he and his family in our thoughts.

Sombeech
03-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Dang, sorry for your loss.

Scott Card
03-05-2012, 02:02 PM
That is though. I can't fault him for his decision. I don't know him but I wish the best for he and his family.

accadacca
03-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Cancer is just horrible. Sorry to hear about this. Being around family is the best choice.

blueeyes
03-05-2012, 09:39 PM
So sorry Bo. Tough decision your friend had to make. May the remaining time with his family and friends be meaningful and full of love.

Bo_Beck
03-06-2012, 04:14 AM
The crew here at the store, Jen, Dave, my wife and I spent sunday afternoon with Terry and his entire immediate family at his home. Terry was in great spirits and so appreciative to be surrounded by such love. On a light note, I would always kid Terry when he'd show up to work with a large soda and donuts or twinkies! Keep in mind that he was very fit, playing basketball every morning, hiking regularly taking annual backpacking trips to the Sierras or The Winds with scouts and family and a regular singer in the S. Utah Heritage Choir. Anyway I stopped by the store on the way up to his house and picked up a dozen donuts and a large Rootbeer to present to him. He loved it! He had to tell all his grandchildren that the creme filled bismark was his though! We laughed and had light hearted conversation sunday and listened as memories were relived! Terry is the most POSITIVE human one could ever meet or know....EVER! His wife, kids, grandkids, brothers, sisters and relatives will carry on a truly awesome legacy. Wonderful people....all of them.

oldno7
03-06-2012, 06:16 AM
Sorry to hear this Bo, Anything I say couldn't be enough to honor this man.

maybe this should serve as a reminder to us all, to live each day to it's fullest, sounds like Terry has and continues to do so.