PDA

View Full Version : Helmets and Hooks

ratagonia
02-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Petzl is making a few nice but small changes to the Elios helmet this spring, so I have the 2011 style on sale (limited to quantity on hand). I have only one size 1 (for children and small-headed adults), and 5 of the size 2 helmets (adult).

Of note to canyoneers, the top/side vents will be closeable.

I have also added the Elia women's helmet to my store. I am not sure about the closeable vents on the Elia for 2012, but the 2011 model is on sale to match the sale of the men's.

http://canyoneeringusa.com/shop/home.php?cat=262

I also picked up some Ibis hooks. I personally don't find them useful, but I know others do. So some of those are available, but they ain't cheap!

http://canyoneeringusa.com/shop/home.php?cat=269

Thanks for your patience.

Tom

Scott Card
02-29-2012, 09:35 PM
You still have that hammer on sale to go along with the hook? :lol8:

ratagonia
02-29-2012, 09:52 PM
You still have that hammer on sale to go along with the hook? :lol8:

Sorry, that sale ended some time ago... sorry you missed out. :facepalm1:

T

spinesnaper
02-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Tom

I just ordered a hook from your site. I needed to carry more stuff I will probably never use. Makes you strong. Plus in a survival situation, it might work as a fish hook.:lol8:

Ken

ratagonia
03-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Tom

I just ordered a hook from your site. I needed to carry more stuff I will probably never use. Makes you strong. Plus in a survival situation, it might work as a fish hook.:lol8:

Ken

That's a BIG FISH!!!

T

Scott Card
03-01-2012, 10:16 PM
That's a BIG FISH!!!

TI think that is why one would bring a pull cord. That ought to handle the size of fish that hook would catch. The question is bait. (Please no Ralston jokes....)

spinesnaper
03-01-2012, 10:54 PM
I think that is why one would bring a pull cord. That ought to handle the size of fish that hook would catch. The question is bait. (Please no Ralston jokes....)

One has to wait for the critical flash flood to catch the largest Colorado Plateau Canyon Tigerfish. The 6mm Imlay pull cord is the perfect line. Live toads and condor fledglings are the preferred bait.:naughty: