PDA

View Full Version : Help google earth

goofball
02-05-2012, 03:27 PM
so the latesst update of google earth leaves me with a ground level view showing only black sky and stars, although i can still see sunlight across the landscape. anyone know how i can get it to not suck like this and show me my blue skies again ?

Sombeech
02-05-2012, 03:38 PM
I assume this is in the client and not in Google Maps Earth View? Got a screenshot? I don't have it installed on this machine.

You may have Google Stars enabled too? Or is it Space, I forget. I only know that my high school girlfriend's husband is the head developer of whatever that's called so I don't use it too much. :lol8:

goofball
02-05-2012, 07:17 PM
i've looked thru all the options and settings and don't see anything to turn the sun back on. ground level view looks like this -

Udink
02-05-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm still running GE version 5, but in that version, the menu option View > Atmosphere toggles between a blue sky and a night sky.

goofball
02-06-2012, 01:50 PM
once i went back to the previous version all was once again well w/ the universe. blue skys on demand.

if this is all i have in my life to be concerned over right now i am in pretty good shape !

deagol
02-07-2012, 07:56 PM
I have GE 6.2 and have the regular blue sky view at ground level. As stated above, VIEW menu have an option to toggle on/off ATMOSPHERE. I toggled it off and got the same results as you (black "space" sky at ground level. Toggling Atmosphere back on results in the normal blue sky.

goofball
02-07-2012, 08:50 PM
I have GE 6.2 and have the regular blue sky view at ground level. As stated above, VIEW menu have an option to toggle on/off ATMOSPHERE. I toggled it off and got the same results as you (black "space" sky at ground level. Toggling Atmosphere back on results in the normal blue sky.

all i ever got by toggling teh atmosphere view was black skies one way w/ detailed land mass, and detail-less blue land mass along w/ blue skies the other way. don't know why, but even uninstalling and reinstalling had no effect. so i just went back to the prior version and it all works fine. :ne_nau:

deagol
02-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Strange. I don't know why it won't work for you... but it's over my head. Computers are strange things .....