PDA

View Full Version : Cold-weather clothing

Sun Dance
01-31-2012, 08:36 PM
What kind of cold-weather clothing do you prefer? Tights? Windbreaker-type jackets? I don't have a ton of that stuff so I usually just put on a softshell jacket and some warm-up pants. I'll put another base layer under the jacket and even fleece pants if it's super cold.

What about face masks? When it's bitter, I can warm myself up pretty well from the neck down, and a wool hat helps, but my face ends up getting really cold and my eyes start getting watery and start going numb or something. I don't really like the fleece facemasks because they get sweaty really fast (tried this with snowshoeing). Do the neoprene ones work at all? They're so thin.

trackrunner
02-01-2012, 07:58 AM
grow a beard for face warmth.

wool running socks, sporthill type running pants, short sleeve breathable running shirt under a long sleeve breathable running shirt. if really cold it's two breathable running shirts with tights, even colder it's tights under the sporthill type running pants.
always gloves on the hand. really cold beanie, cold fleece head band to keep the ears warm