PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Lacing

Sun Dance
01-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Does anyone have a special shoe lacing technique they prefer for a particular type of run? I've seen where you make little loops at the tops then run the ends through the loops, I think that helps cinch it tighter around your arches. I've also seen those little toggles track runners use - will those do any good on the trail or is there too much side-side motion that would loosen it too quickly? Any good resources on other lacing configurations?

trackrunner
01-29-2012, 09:02 PM
for what finish tying or lacing the through the eyes of the shoe.

for finish tying I always cross the laces then take a bight and hold it in one hand next to my thumb. then with the other end i loop around my thumb and bight of lace twice and then with the same end that I just used to loop, pass a bight through those loops and pull the two bights. I never have a problem of my shoes laces coming undone and can cinch down tight when I need a tight lace to cinch the shoe tight on the foot.

if it's the top part of your foot along the tongue of the shoe and through the lace eyes. I just lace diagonally. But a lot people get pain along the top part of their foot from this. So instead of lacing diagonally they should lace vertically. From the bottom lace both ends to the next vertical eye vertically forming a loop between the two eyes on top of the shoe. Then cross the ends horizontally and pass the end through the loop then repeat the steps by lacing vertically to the next eye.

Sun Dance
01-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Cool. Thanks for the descriptions. Do you know of any websites that have illustrations of the different lacing patterns with descriptions and purposes? Sometimes I'm a better visual learner. And don't lmgtfy.com me, I want recommendations that people actually have experience with. ;)