PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Pizza Wagon

hank moon
01-20-2012, 10:41 AM
This is the pizza wagon in Hurricane - hands down the best pizza in the area and totally worth the trip if you are a pizza lover. It's right on Hwy 9, in the Coral Cliffs 8 theater parking lot. Generally open Wed - Sat, noon - 8pm, but weather can shut 'em down (especially wind) so send them a text or something to make sure they're open. More info: http://goo.gl/wxZJU

mattandersao
01-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Pretty good pizza... more of a flat crust!

Iceaxe
01-20-2012, 10:59 AM
It appears the dining area might be a little lacking.

hank moon
01-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Pretty good pizza... more of a flat crust!

Yes, they make a Napoletana(ish) style pizza with a thin, light crust. Crispy on the outside, tender inside. Yum. I'll post a pizza pic next time I go- (hopefully tomorrow :)

hank moon
01-20-2012, 11:05 AM
It appears the dining area might be a little lacking.

what? lacking in great views? sweet sandstone seats? the windswept ambiance of Hurricane and a friendly family biz? not!

:)

If I'm eating there, I usually sit on some large sandstone boulders nearby (some not pictured). Very sturdy.

Sombeech
01-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Drove past this on Saturday, noticed the oven. Couldn't eat before the ride though. :bandit:

maarten.1975
01-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Damn, I remember having doubted whether to get one or not during my last stay in Hurricane... I didn't. I hope they are still there in May. I'll be back then and check it out to see if you Americans can make real Italian pizza's...??? :naughty:

Hanks enthusiasm does give me high hopes! His culinary preferences have impressed me before hehehe

hank moon
01-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Damn, I remember having doubted whether to get one or not during my last stay in Hurricane... I didn't. I hope they are still there in May. I'll be back then and check it out to see if you Americans can make real Italian pizza's...??? :naughty:

Hanks enthusiasm does give me high hopes! His culinary preferences have impressed me before hehehe

Maarten, you're gonna like 'em. Especially the Margherita (best choice there). As to the Whiptail, I'm not sure what the future holds, post-John. He will be greatly missed.

Branin
01-22-2012, 11:53 PM
There is a great Pizza Cart in Cedar City too. VERY similar stuff. Look in front of ACE hardware thur-sat.

ratagonia
01-23-2012, 11:11 AM

Real Italian Pizza? They have Pizza in Italy, too?

When it comes to America, everything transmogrifies into something much more American, with some of its original attributes intact, and some not.

for Pascal: Quattro Formaggio

Tom :moses:

Cirrus2000
01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
As to the Whiptail, I'm not sure what the future holds, post-John. He will be greatly missed.

Uh oh - what did I miss? I love the Whiptail!!

Win
01-24-2012, 05:54 AM
I haven't tried the pizza in Hurricane but the thin crust in Cedar was really good!

Kev, John died a few weeks ago. He had partners but no one is sure what will happen there. He was the chef and very innovative.

Win

Felicia
01-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Kev, John died a few weeks ago. He had partners but no one is sure what will happen there. He was the chef and very innovative.

Win

Oh - this is sad news. The Whiptail has become a special place to me. I wish them success in this transition.

Cirrus2000
01-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Oh no! So sorry to hear that.

I hope the Whiptail is able to stay open and as good as ever. Sounds like there will be big shoes to fill in the kitchen. The food was incredibly good there.

Win
03-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Some good news: Whiptail Grill is open. We went for a late lunch on Saturday and the food was excellent. :2thumbs: