PDA

View Full Version : just another newbie, looking for some mainers with the inside scoop on the area

adrenalinejunkie
12-22-2011, 06:11 PM
I just got up to UMaine, Orono this year as a first year student and I'm working for the Maine Bound Adventure Center. It'd be great to hear about some of the more unheard of places that offer some great views, scrambling, climbing, rapping, etc. Target area: anywhere in Maine. I'm not opposed to do some traveling to get to a great destination!

jman
12-28-2011, 06:18 AM
I know that jdgibney lives in the NH area, and might be able to help you out.

But Welcome!

jdgibney
12-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Welcome indeed!
I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but Other than Acadia, I don't know anything about Maine (other than the time I've spent in Orono for UNH/Maine hockey games, and at Phish shows way up in Limestone:haha:). I just started hiking in the White Mountains this past summer in New Hampshire and have already had some of the most memorable times of my life. (I had done more hiking/exploring in Utah/Arizona than in my own back yard before this year!) I joined up with www.hike-nh.com this year and have met some great people there with a wealth of local information (including Maine), and there are several other really good New England based climbing communities.

accadacca
12-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Welcome to Bogley! :2thumbs: