PDA

View Full Version : Help Diamond Valley Ranch

Felicia
11-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Does anyone have any comments about this Hurricane organization and their program?

http://www.diamondranchacademy.com/

jman
11-30-2011, 02:48 PM
I've had 3 friends work there and I heard numerous stories. What did u wanna know in particular?

CarpeyBiggs
11-30-2011, 03:03 PM
I've got some close friends who work there. Seems like a pretty good program, all in all...

Felicia
11-30-2011, 03:20 PM
My co-worker is looking at the program for their kid.

Scott Card
11-30-2011, 03:50 PM
I know the owners of Red Cliffs Ascent. They are really good people. I don't know this other program.

paraAdams
11-30-2011, 04:48 PM
I know they are very reputable and the ownership/management have great pedigrees in behavior therapy type stuff. I think it's one of the more reputable schools of it's kind, and the waiting list is fairly long. I did quite a bit of research into the company and school, and I mostly found good things. There were a few blemishes, but nothing that scared me off.

Anyway, good luck. That's a tough decision.

jman
11-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Thats interesting that there is nothing but good reviews. My 3 friends said the opposite. Granted this was back in 2005 and 2006. And if I recall there was even a death (either sometime) due to malnutrition (this is just hearsay I suppose).

But my friends talked about physical abuse (slapping, punching, and kicking the kids). I can give you the former employees contact info if you'd like.

(My take on them is biased since I'm partial to my friends - but everything i said I can't back up with any facts though).