PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Thanksgiving Food?

accadacca
11-21-2011, 07:53 AM
I would say brown turkey with cranberry sauce. I love eating that combo later on rolls too. :eat:

Who is traveling out of town to feast?

blueeyes
11-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Candied yams!

No traveling this year for me but my dad and wicked step-mother (term of love... i adore her) are coming for dinner. My FIRST Thanksgiving in MY (mine mine mine :haha: love being a home owner) home. Soooo excited.

They arrive Tuesday and we already threw up the Christmas tree last night.

Thanksgiving is the ONLY holiday I LOVE! The rest I can do with out.

rockgremlin
11-21-2011, 11:38 AM
The pies - it's tradition to make AT LEAST four (4) different pies for dessert. Usually the spread looks like this:

Pumpkin
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake
Key Lime
Homemade Apple

and/or

Homemade Cherry
Black Bottom Banana Cream
Coconut Cream

Mmmmmmm.....can't wait!:popcorn:

DOSS
11-21-2011, 05:03 PM
This year we are having Pho and Red Curry... I think this may be my favorite Thanksgiving yet :haha:

Scott Card
11-22-2011, 12:08 PM
This year we are having Pho and Red Curry... I think this may be my favorite Thanksgiving yet :haha: What the..... Can you do that? I heard that "every time a person eats Asian food on Thanksgiving, an Pilgrim angel loses a wing." :haha:

dmMatrix
11-22-2011, 01:25 PM
We Deep Fry our turkey every year (Last year I did 3 because my family begged me to do it for a large party). Inject the Turkey with a combo of Orange Juice, Garlic, and a little Olive Oil.... YUM YUM YUM.

And you can't forget the candied yams and deviled eggs :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

dmMatrix
11-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Oh, and to add to Rockgremlin's list... Ya gotta have a fresh homemade Banana Cream Pie MMMMMMMMMMMM

accadacca
11-22-2011, 05:18 PM
I almost forgot about honey baked ham. Mmmmm...getting hungry.

BruteForce
11-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Just the turkey. That is all.

..end of line

Pelon1
11-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Our menu is going to be Smoked Turkey, Smoked Prime Rib, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Green Bean Casserole, Candied Yams, Pecan Pie, and of course Pumpkin Pie:nod:

dbaxter
11-22-2011, 05:53 PM
The stuffing :haha: And Thane's smoked prime rib, and smoked turkey! It's gonna be fabulous

DOSS
11-22-2011, 06:21 PM
What the..... Can you do that? I heard that "every time a person eats Asian food on Thanksgiving, an Pilgrim angel loses a wing." :haha:

Yep can easily do that, and am looking forward to it:crazy:.... and I didn't know Pilgrims had wings.. but if that is true I am going to be all over Asian for T day every year from here on out :)

Sandstone Addiction
11-22-2011, 08:39 PM
I like dark meat turkey w/potatoes, gravy and stuffing. Not enough room on the plate for vegis, except for any kind of sweet potatoes. Gotta have rolls too.

How 'bout Sweet Potato Pie---MMMMMM with extra (real) whipped cream. :nod:

Iceaxe
11-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Smoked turkey and a good beer.... MMMmmmmm.... :slobber:

blueeyes
11-22-2011, 09:09 PM
I like dark meat turkey w/potatoes, gravy and stuffing. Not enough room on the plate for vegis, except for any kind of sweet potatoes. Gotta have rolls too.

How 'bout Sweet Potato Pie---MMMMMM with extra (real) whipped cream. :nod:

Only if that Sweet Potato Pie comes from the South! Could we throw in a Chess Pie too? mmmm

savanna3313
11-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Only if that Sweet Potato Pie comes from the South! Could we throw in a Chess Pie too? mmmm

We do something called Praline Sweet Potato Casserole every year. It's actually illegal in 12 states! :haha: I never cared for the kind of sweet potato dish that most people serve (marshmallows on top and such) until I tried this and now it's a tradition. :2thumbs:

BruteForce
11-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Can't forget to mention my wife's home-made and fresh cranberry sauce! Nummy..:slobber:

Felicia
11-23-2011, 04:34 PM
I like my mushroom gravy.

As a Cape Breton dish, I also like turnip and carrots mashed together - no one else does, so I make it for myself.

I'm already hungry. :-)

Sandstone Addiction
11-23-2011, 08:10 PM

Does South Salem count? :lol8:

I had to wiki "chess pie"--sounds delicious.

Don
11-24-2011, 08:45 AM
My brother's wife, a Brit, makes this stuffing that is to die for. I know there's sausage in it, and maybe sage? I don't know whats in it because it's her family's secret recipe and she won't tell. We're not going to their place this year for Thanksgiving so I asked my brother to ask her to make it for a Christmas gift...

Sombeech
11-24-2011, 09:32 AM
This year it's dirt and gravel

bigred72
11-24-2011, 09:37 AM

With a side of blood.

tanya
11-24-2011, 10:13 AM
I hope your face feels good enough to stuff some dinner into it!

For Thanksgiving I like whatever my son and his wife make! Life is good when you only have to bring wine and walk next door for Thanksgiving Dinner!

Dr. Nebz
11-24-2011, 04:17 PM

Don't for get the road rash and strawberries with that! :lol8:

Dr. Nebz
11-24-2011, 04:18 PM
My Sister-In-Laws home made pumpkin pie. :slobber:

Cirrus2000
11-24-2011, 09:49 PM
My brother's wife, a Brit, makes this stuffing that is to die for. I know there's sausage in it, and maybe sage? I don't know whats in it because it's her family's secret recipe and she won't tell. We're not going to their place this year for Thanksgiving so I asked my brother to ask her to make it for a Christmas gift...

My mom always made the best dressing (never called it stuffing - to us, "stuffing" was bready, herby fluffy stuff). This totally reminds me of it, because sausage meat and sage were critical. Oh my heck, it was the bestest thing ever. It was the best part of the entire turkey dinner - and the sandwiches that followed. :slobber:

I regret never having her write the recipe down before she died - now it just lives on in our memories...

greyhair biker
11-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Cured Ham, potatoes & gravy, candied yams.....sorry...lost my train of thought...drooling on the floor. Pumpkin & Pecan Pie....KingKong size cinnamon rolls.....homemade butter rolls .....crap...I'm hungry again!