PDA

View Full Version : The tale of the stuck Ford Pickup

Audilard
11-16-2011, 08:23 AM
So Saturday evening, November 12th, we were heading out of the Roost about near the bluff before the road turns North to highway 24. We pull up next to a 2-wheel drive Ford Ranger pickup buried on the side of the road, with a couple people in a Subaru who had a tow rope, but couldn't pull the truck out. So we kindly hook the rope to my tow hitch and yank the truck out.

This is where it gets a little odd.....

My bro-in-law and I got back in the truck and commented on the following observations we made in the short 5 minutes it took us to pull the truck out:

1. The driver was a college aged girl.
2. She was wearing her Sunday best. Short skirt, high heels, black stockings/panty hose, nice blouse, light coat.
3. The wind was howling.
4. She had her jack stand out and had made attempts to get out.
5. We both thought it was odd.
6. She offered us cash for our help.

As we were driving out we started to have a conversation on said observances, and were really scratching out heads as to why she was out in this obscure location dressed like she was, we notice she was following us.

We get to highway 24, pull over to the side and roll down our window to flag her down. She stops and I ask if she has enough fuel to get where she needs to go. She says she's fine, feels a little embarrassed since she's from the area.....and then more weirdness....She's mentions she just been to a friend's wedding. (Huh? WHERE?) She then starts talking like a sailor, laughing about her perdicament and again says she's fine.

I happen to glance at the bed of her truck and notice a couple large ice-chests. We smile and give a courtesy laugh with her and leave in front of her.

We came up with a couple of explanations.

1. She hid a body.
2. She was lit up like a Christmas Tree.

What does Bogley think? :mrgreen:

Iceaxe
11-16-2011, 08:38 AM
What does Bogley think? :mrgreen:

You should have asked her for a date. :2thumbs:

Locals know where all the good canyons are.

restrac2000
11-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Dirt bag wedding in the desert. Green River has a fair amount of non-traditional Utah folks (river types, coffee shop owners, etc). Canyon-area weddings are pretty common. As is being lit-up in the Roost.

Phillip

canyondevil
11-16-2011, 02:37 PM
There were many signs out there last weekend directing to a wedding somewhere... The last one I saw was pointing towards Ekker Ranch where you turn off the main road. We were thinking it sure was a strange place to have a wedding, but I bet the place was cheap to rent!