PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report First Video

Pelon1
11-10-2011, 04:35 AM
Strapped the new GoPro2 on last weekend and did a couple hikes to petroglyphs in sunny St. George. I have a new appreciation for editing and will try to be more editor friendly with the camera in the future. (editing is a pain in the ass) if your not filming to edit. Its kinda rough but I was playing with some of the features in IMovie.
http://vimeo.com/31766691

oldno7
11-10-2011, 05:39 AM
I'm amazed at the image quality.:2thumbs:

jman
11-10-2011, 06:02 AM
Hey I've been to all of those places! Anyway - looks like a huge improvement over the GoPro1. Hmm...I may need to get one now.

Deathcricket
11-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Hey man! That last panel at 2:40, where is that? Haven't seen that one yet. was it on the other side by the other parking lot? I would love to check it out, but I always park where you did in the beginning.

Cool video btw, nice job.

Sombeech
11-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Nice vid :cool2: A School admin I work with just got the GoPro 1 a couple of weeks ago and was offered to return it in exchange for the GoPro 2. He could either do that or they'd refund him a bit so he could get the LCD bacpac. I told him to go for the GoPro 2 and then get the LCD bacpac in a couple of months if he still wanted it.

He did, and I'm jealous. :2thumbs:

accadacca
11-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Nice job! Extra credit for using vimeo! Oh and the Bogley sticker of course on a Toyota! :2thumbs:

I really need to get one and start filming. Perhaps that's my New Years resolution. :lol8:

blueeyes
11-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Great video. You just gave me an idea for what to do with my mom and sis while they are in town.

Pelon1
11-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Hey man! That last panel at 2:40, where is that? Haven't seen that one yet. was it on the other side by the other parking lot? I would love to check it out, but I always park where you did in the beginning.

Cool video btw, nice job.

That panel is sorta on the way to Johnson arch it's off limits by the park but give me a pm and we could take you up to them!

blueeyes
11-10-2011, 10:21 PM
I was wondering if that was close to Johnson's I recognized the arch from our hike in February. I have seen a few of the panels up above there on the Gila Trail. One in a crack with a really cool old gnarly tree.