PDA

View Full Version : Invite Grand Canyoneering

Bo_Beck
11-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Bump- I just put up a new poster with the correct address of the new venue.

I just set up an event on fb for the Dec. 15th: Grand Canyoneering presentation by Todd Martin, Rich Rudow and Dan Ransom. If you are interested in attending please follow this link to the fb event and sign up. The venue I've chosen seats 110 people and I'm not sure if ther'll be standing room. I need to get an idea of attendees so that I don't accidentally have a herd of angry folks standing out front unable to get in! Here is a link.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=273627229342910

oldno7
11-03-2011, 05:33 AM
Bo

I don't have a facebook acct, don't really want one. Could you sign me up for 2?

Thanks

Kurt

Bo_Beck
11-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Bo

I don't have a facebook acct, don't really want one. Could you sign me up for 2?

Thanks

Kurt

Got you signed up for 2 Kurt!

oldno7
11-04-2011, 04:07 AM
Thank You, looking forward to this........

Bo_Beck
11-04-2011, 05:02 AM
It appears that we've outgrown (in less than 2 days!) the original venue for this event! Deborah has extended the use of another venue at "Leisure Services Bldg." that seats 360. I will hopefully be posting the new location, just 2 blocks away from the Opera House, a bit later today!

Bump.....information for the new venue listed in details on the link below

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=273627229342910

blueeyes
11-04-2011, 05:48 AM
:2thumbs:

Iceaxe
11-04-2011, 12:04 PM
It appears that we've outgrown (in less than 2 days!) the original venue for this event!

Nice :2thumbs:

I wish they would hold one of these events a little closer to the City of Salt.

tanya
11-04-2011, 03:38 PM
I am just bummed you and I did not get our book in time to do it at this one, but your next party will be a better time for us!

Bo_Beck
11-21-2011, 07:48 AM
If you are interested in joining "Grand Canyoneering" and "Last of the Great Unknown" presentation on December 15th, you'll want to sign up soon. The venue I have chosen will max out at 300+ and as of this morning we have 175 signed up to be present. I believe the City of St. George will send out an invite to City Recreation Staff soon and it may fill up fast? Be sure to sign up on the facebook "event" as being able to attend. If you plan to be more than 1 person just post a note on the same page after you have signed up to be present. Thanks, and look forward to having you there!
http://www.facebook.com/events/273627229342910/

Mitch R.
11-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Could you please do a web broadcast? If not, please record it and upload to Youtube.

CarpeyBiggs
11-21-2011, 06:12 PM
um... yes and no. some of it potentially could be web broadcast, but some of it will not be posted on the web, until the full documentary release happens sometime in the spring.

i'll talk to rich and todd and see if we can webcast some of it though. it'd have to be a youtube type presentation. certainly could be done.

mfshop
12-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Bo,

Any update on how many people you expect? I might be free & would love make it!

CarpeyBiggs
12-13-2011, 07:12 PM
i was just going to post a little bump in this thread as a reminder. from what it looks like right now, there are over 200 people signed up. whether that many show or not is tough to say. there will most definitely be room for more people, as we've moved to a bigger location.

if you've got time, show up!

JennyMae
12-14-2011, 08:48 AM
i was just going to post a little bump in this thread as a reminder. from what it looks like right now, there are over 200 people signed up. whether that many show or not is tough to say. there will most definitely be room for more people, as we've moved to a bigger location.

:cry1: Someone, take my two spots. I'm back in BC and cannot make it. Good luck, Mr. Dan. I know it will be awesome!!!!!

Bo_Beck
12-14-2011, 10:42 AM

At last count (9AM this morning) we have 273 folks signed up. See you tomorrow night!

accadacca
12-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Nice :2thumbs:

I wish they would hold one of these events a little closer to the City of Salt.
Ditto.

Sounds like you'll have a great turnout in St. George. :2thumbs:

oldno7
12-16-2011, 05:50 AM
What a top notch presentation...

Thanks Bo, for doing this.

Dan, your video is incredible, I'd buy a copy when it comes out.

Thanks to Tom for always supporting the community(he donated many great ICG items.)

bogley was well represented

Bo_Beck
12-16-2011, 07:16 AM

Thanks to Tom for always supporting the community(he donated many great ICG items.)

Kurt...thanks for showing up! You beat me to the draw....special thanks go out to "The Emporer" Tom for your support! Todd Martin, Rich Rudow and Dan Ransom.....MANY THANKS. Hope to have a few pictures to post when Jen comes to work today?

Just a note....tonight from 7-9 we'd love to have you stop by "The Desert Rat" and "tip a few" , enjoy some snacks, discounts on merchandise and share conversation. Hope to see you!

tcott
12-16-2011, 07:25 AM
That was awesome. Thanks to all who made it happen.

Bo_Beck
12-16-2011, 07:30 AM
That was awesome. Thanks to all who made it happen.

This is either TJ or Deanne??? You Made it Happen!

mfshop
12-16-2011, 08:39 AM

x2. Really enjoyed the presentation. Can't wait to see the whole vid - I'm sure it will be great! And those calendars were pretty hot commodities. I think both people who won ropes traded them in for calendars:eek2:?!?

Win
12-16-2011, 08:58 AM
We had a great time, thanks to everyone for a great presentation. :cool2: Dan, simply amazing, I'll be looking to buy a copy!

Win

ratagonia
12-16-2011, 09:01 AM
:2thumbs: X 5. Awesome presentation, even Todd's segment was top notch, shy though he is. Thanks for coming up and doing the show.

Tom :moses:

Deathcricket
12-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Loved the 3 presentations. Everything went quite well. And I finally got to meet Dan in the flesh, woohooo!

Kudos to Tom also for all the schwag he donated, that was unexpected and awesome.

:2thumbs:

blueeyes
12-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Great presentation!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the calendar.

Spencer is so excited about the book he won in the raffle.

Thanks to all who put this together! :2thumbs:

deathtointernet
12-16-2011, 03:57 PM
It was quite the event! Good stories and a phenomenal video. My only issue was with how I didn't win anything. It just doesn't seem likely since I know I put at least thirty tickets in for myself as I was handing them out at the door :haha:

Bo_Beck
12-16-2011, 05:49 PM
It was quite the event! Good stories and a phenomenal video. My only issue was with how I didn't win anything. It just doesn't seem likely since I know I put at least thirty tickets in for myself as I was handing them out at the door :haha:

You didn't see me behind you and every time you'd slip a ticket, I'd pull it out of the bucket! Thanks very much for your help last night dtti!

Bo_Beck
02-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Don't remember posting pictures of this event? My Bad!