PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Kolob Canyons and area

rjhooperphoto
10-29-2011, 07:07 PM
First and foremost I want to put a disclaimer out there that some of this area is accessed only by private property. Most of it is accessed through nasty and relentless brush. I do not advise anyone to attempt or do any of these routes. The ranchers take trespassing very seriously and do carry guns. Some of these areas can be accessed without trespassing and require alot of effort. I aim to provide some insight on a very little seem section of Kolob...

For some crazy reason in 2007 I decided I was going to conquer the Kolob Canyons section of Zion National Park. Below I have posted of few photos from along the way. I cannot tell you how many pants, shirts, sunglasses, and water bottles I have ruined/lost along the way. So far I have completed all 5 Kolob Fingers, most of the underlying canyons, and Chasm Lake (just to highlight a few). I am now trying to work my way south and do Bullpen & Langston Mountain and Hope Valley area.

[FONT=Verdana]My main objective is photography

oldno7
10-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Nice Tr, planning on doing this still this year, if weather holds out.(death point)

trackrunner
10-30-2011, 11:00 AM
thanks for the pix

zzyzx
10-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Great Trip!
Beautiful pics too. :2thumbs:
THX for sharing.

mattandersao
10-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Awesome! Wow...I would like some maps please :nod::nod::naughty::naughty:

Win
10-31-2011, 07:19 AM
We drove up Kolob on Saturday and I always marvel at the "Fingers". Great TR and pictures, thanks.

Win

rjhooperphoto
11-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks everyone...I have a few more trips planned up there and will post some more trip reports!