PDA

View Full Version : Invite Bogleyfest Nov 10-13 (North Wash Area) REVITALISED

Rob L
10-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Meet up at Sandthrax campground. I'll be there myself before dark on the 9th; if anyone can bring firewood, that would be great. Cooking stoves too...

Rob

As far as I can tell from the original thread and this one, we have:

agostinone (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?18704-agostinone)
remoteman45 (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?18160-remoteman45)
hike.higher (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?18071-hike.higher)
bowjunkie (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?18129-bowjunkie)
CarpeyBiggs (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?1887-CarpeyBiggs) +5
blueshade (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?18814-blueshade) (first day and may be more)
mfshop (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?882-mfshop) (now definite...has clearance for final approach from SWMBO)
Rob L (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?17709-Rob-L)
Iceaxe & Iceaxe Jr. (Sat. & Sun.)
ddavis (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?171-ddavis) (Deb)
hikster11 (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?19789-hikster11)
mrbrejcha (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?1379-mrbrejcha) (and PBR)
Utahiker
kokopelli99 (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?20283-kokopelli99) (possible)
plutacratic77 (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?19699-plutacratic77)

Apologies for absence recieved from:
deagol
(thankyou for the courtesy of letting us know)

From the Utah town of Hanksville drive south on highway 95 for 28 miles. At mile marker 28.3 there is a pull-out and kiosk on the left (east) side of the road. This is what canyoneers refer to as the Sandthrax Campground. Ratagonia reports below (http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?61017-Bogleyfest-Nov-10-13-(North-Wash-Area)-REVITALISED&p=477216&viewfull=1#post477216)that there is a very soft section of sand in the middle.

Camping is primitive. There is no water or toilet. The nearest restroom facilities are located 5 miles south on highway 95 at Hog Springs. Those dropping a duce are highly encouraged to make the drive. Nearest town to supplies or anything else is Hanksville. There is no cell coverage anywhere near Sandthrax.

Canyon Options:
See CarpeyBiggs' note four posts down (http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?61017-Bogleyfest-Nov-10-13-(North-Wash-Area)-REVITALISED&p=477107&viewfull=1#post477107).

Iceaxe
10-19-2011, 01:15 PM
There is no way to re-institute the information that was in the first post. But I'm sure it will not be too difficult to gather up the required information.

I will suggest that a group meeting be held every morning at the Sandthrax campsite at 8:00 am (someone can change the time if they wish). At the meeting groups can easily divide up for desired canyons and split the skilled canyoneers up among the various groups as required.

Information for Bogley-fests....

Important! There is no cost for Bogley fest trips, we are just a bunch of friends meeting to do canyons together, this is not a class or a guided trip! If you lack rappelling skills find someone to take you out to practice before the Bogleyfest. In the slot is not the time to learn to rappel. This means you know how to clip in and rappel without help, you do not 'freak-out' on long or awkward rappels, you can at least dog paddle if your route contains water. If you feel you need help in the canyons let someone know.... but ultimately.... YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY!

Equipment:
Everyone is responsible for a harness, one locking biner, and a rappel devise that you know how to use! Helmets are advised, (bicycle helmets work for noobs).

Some routes are wet, and some are dry... its up to you to know the difference and prepare properly. If the route is wet a wetsuit is required. You will also want a dry bag to keep anything you want to stay dry in. If you need equipment post and maybe someone else can help you out.

Canyoneering Gear
http://climb-utah.com/Misc/gear.htm

Rope: Several folks need to bring ropes.

:stud:

If you attend these types of events with the goal of meeting fun people, making friendships and descending exciting slots, you will have a great experience. If you are attending these types of events for the reason of ticking specific slots off your to-do list you should probably alter your plans to a private trip you organize yourself.

As a normal rule at these type gatherings.... any plans for who does what routes with whom completely disappears the first morning. I've probably attend 10 or 20 over the years, and organized 6 or 7, and that has always been the case. If I can get my schedule in order I hope to attend this fest.

Anyhoo.... Groups tend to form by who wants to do what canyons, skill levels, friendships, and somewhat on age because those near the same age tend to have the same interests. After the first day most people join a route for the second day based on friendships they have made the first day or around the nightly campfire.

The main item an organizer has to watch out for and protect against is making sure all the talent (skilled canyoneers) don't join into one group and leave the other groups short of talent. When I have organized these type of events in the past I've just asked the talent to spread themselves out and that has been all the actual planning required.

As a general rule everyone gets to descend most of the slots they desire, provided others have the same desire.

I hope no one takes offense to any of this advise, I've just been involved in enough of these rodeos to know what to expect and hope my experience will make yours more enjoyable.

:popcorn:

Rob L
10-19-2011, 01:33 PM
If I've missed anyone, my apologies...if you reply to this thread, I'll edit the first post.

[Thanks, Mods.]

hike.higher
10-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks Rob

CarpeyBiggs
10-19-2011, 04:00 PM
what dates are people hoping to operate? i can likely get there thursday night, if people want to do canyons on friday. i'll bring a two burner propane stove and big propane tank. i've also got a variety of rope lengths, up to 200 feet i'll bring. as a side note, helmets are mandatory in my groups...

i'm up for canyons friday, saturday, sunday. i'd like to do shenanigans on sunday, if we can get a small competent (and skinny) group together.

Canyon Options

Morocco
the leps
monkey b
no kidding
anything in poison springs
hog 1, miss piggy (access sounds like it is going to be questionable though)
shenanny
black hole (if people are prepared for it, will be COLD)
woody (most likely require wetsuits this time of year)

ddavis
10-19-2011, 04:22 PM
I'd like to sign up for this fest. I can get there Thursday afternoon - maybe sooner if I can get off work. Be there until Sunday. I've got the standard 2-burner stove with small propane bottles.

hikster11
10-19-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm planning on attending. I would be coming Thursday night through Sunday.

mrbrejcha
10-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Freezefest lite, eh?

-Brejcha and PBR

CarpeyBiggs
10-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Freezefest lite, eh?

-Brejcha and PBR
hopefully with more alcohol, less canyons, and more shit blowin' up... bring your grease and PBR dood.

ibenick
10-19-2011, 08:29 PM
hopefully with more alcohol, less canyons, and more shit blowin' up... bring your grease and PBR dood.

Now I'm really tempted to make it down. :naughty:

The Good Cop
10-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Holy cow, great to hear you're getting out there Brejcha! Awesome! I don't know if I can get to the Bogleyfest but I definitely plan on FF10, stay healthy & see you then,

Cheers,

Wayne

Brian in SLC
10-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Shane and Dan at the same campsite? How could I miss this potential lovefest?!?

I might be game for a post work Friday night departure from Sandy, Ut. If so, be game to car pool, come home Sunday night (diversion to Ray's in GR for dinner?).

So, done only the easier Hog and Lep. What else is great, not too skinny, fun, scenic, and should be on my hit list? How are the other Lep forks?

Hmmm...

hike.higher
10-20-2011, 07:58 AM
I will try and get there late Thursday, (midnightish, the party still be going?) for canyons Friday and Saturday.

CarpeyBiggs
10-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Shane and Dan at the same campsite? How could I miss this potential lovefest?!?
don't worry, we will be united in our common interests... bashing the ACA. :lol8:

So, done only the easier Hog and Lep. What else is great, not too skinny, fun, scenic, and should be on my hit list? How are the other Lep forks?

Hmmm...
the other leps are.... west is boring. middle is really good, but super skinny. not sure you'd enjoy that. you might dig no kidding? lots of rappin' off sandtraps in there. it's fun though. monkey business is probably a good choice. morocco isn't too skinny either, but it's really short and lots of shorter raps. woody could be fun, but it will be wet, almost certainly.

Brian in SLC
10-20-2011, 10:24 AM
the other leps are.... west is boring. middle is really good, but super skinny. not sure you'd enjoy that. you might dig no kidding? lots of rappin' off sandtraps in there. it's fun though. monkey business is probably a good choice. morocco isn't too skinny either, but it's really short and lots of shorter raps. woody could be fun, but it will be wet, almost certainly.

Good info, thanks!

Middle Lep looks neat. Just wouldn't want something "too skinny" for too long. Ugh, I hate the thought of gettin' stuck.

What about the Maidenwater/Trachyte stuff? Witches Cauldron (surfin' through beta online...ha ha).

Woody might be nice. Don't mind wearin' a wetsuit.

Ducket? Constrychnine?

Good stuff.

CarpeyBiggs
10-20-2011, 10:43 AM
you'd likely be fine in any of the poison springs stuff - constrychnine is my favorite of the lot.

witches cauldron IS cool... (same as trachyotomy right?) but it's got a super tight stemming section that's like 100 feet long? it's very difficult at your size, is my guess. probably not a place for beginners, though you'd likely be fine (but it would be hard). i personally don't like the maidenwaters... boring chockstone drops that repeat over and over. and they will likely be wet. same with trail. but trail is excellent even with the swim.

duckett is pretty decent. also wet, and also quite a drive from sandthrax.

CarpeyBiggs
10-20-2011, 10:46 AM
forgot, witches cauldron is possibly not accessible right now. word is that that hog springs road is washed out. it was really bad last year too, so if it hasn't been bladed, it's probably a no go. but i haven't been to NW since freezefest.

ststephen
10-20-2011, 12:41 PM
My timing is bad with these fall fests. The October one collided with work and marathon training. The 11/5 one with the NY marathon. Now I've already made plans to snag a quick trip next weekend with small group of friends, but at least we'll be getting out into the canyons! Sure would have liked to join y'all though... Maybe in the spring?

Iceaxe
10-20-2011, 02:22 PM
you'd likely be fine in any of the poison springs stuff - constrychnine is my favorite of the lot.

Not bashing on your favorites, just curious what it is about constrychnine you like? To me that slot seemed like a long rappel followed by a stroll through a short slot. Not much meat on the bone, but its been a while since I did it last.

FYI: my favorite Poison Spring slot is Arscenic, closely followed by Slideanide.

don't worry, we will be united in our common interests... bashing the ACA. :lol8:

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I can't wait to read Rich's updated version of "Unabashed ACA History" where he details how he single handedly managed to unite the canyoneering community in 2011.

:lol8:

CarpeyBiggs
10-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Not bashing on your favorites, just curious what it is about constrychnine you like? To me that slot seemed like a long rappel followed by a stroll through a short slot. Not much meat on the bone, but its been a while since I did it last.

FYI: my favorite Poison Spring slot is Arscenic, closely followed by Slideanide.
hmm... now i need to look at a map. i haven't done any of the poison springs canyons since 2008. it's very possible i'm confusing arscenic and constrychnine. :haha:

which one had the piton in it again?

ratagonia
10-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Good info, thanks!

Middle Lep looks neat. Just wouldn't want something "too skinny" for too long. Ugh, I hate the thought of gettin' stuck.

What about the Maidenwater/Trachyte stuff? Witches Cauldron (surfin' through beta online...ha ha).

Woody might be nice. Don't mind wearin' a wetsuit.

Ducket? Constrychnine?

Good stuff.

Hey, Rob Heineman got "through" it. http://canyoneeringusa.com/rave/0503lep/index.htm

Maidenwater is good. Trail is excellent (big guys go high at the end, 5.9 chimney, not exposed or dangerous on the hard moves). Constrichnine, Slideanide, Hogwarts. Merry Piglet, Morocco. Heck the arch rappel in Marinus is a fun day out, not too technical. Be sure to bring a wetsuit.

The soft sand section between east and west Sandthrax campsites is very deep, very soft at the moment. I suggest not driving through it, even with a fully-capable vehicle, but going in the back door to the East side.

I am having a fest out there - maybe we should divy it up ahead of time - you want the east side, or the west side?

Tom

ratagonia
10-20-2011, 03:39 PM
hmm... now i need to look at a map. i haven't done any of the poison springs canyons since 2008. it's very possible i'm confusing arscenic and constrychnine. :haha:

Constrychnine, in my opinion the best of the lot.

T

Cirrus2000
10-20-2011, 03:47 PM

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-IOqZAGJ56VQ/TSQXuMeVVcI/AAAAAAAAZ9E/dM6bGjK8htE/s720/IMG_6242.JPG

Yeah, jealous again. Would love to meet new friends and old down there. I am watching this thread to torture myself... :crazycobasa:

Iceaxe
10-20-2011, 04:05 PM

Arsenic has the piton (at the base of the first rappel), lots of swirling sandstone... and that is my favorite. Slideanide is the middle of the three slots and is physically the most difficult. Constrychnine is the furthest north, has a long rappel (at least by North Wash standards) of 190' and a couple of intermedate anchoring problems to work out.

CarpeyBiggs
10-20-2011, 04:18 PM
I am having a fest out there - maybe we should divy it up ahead of time - you want the east side, or the west side?

depends on who's coming... :lol8:

if you really didn't want to hang with the bogley-fest, i'd say you guys take the east side, since noobs will likely be able to find the traditional entrance and kiosk more easily? but ultimately, not sure it matters. up to you.

ratagonia
10-20-2011, 04:22 PM
depends on who's coming... :lol8:

if you really didn't want to hang with the bogley-fest, i'd say you guys take the east side, since noobs will likely be able to find the traditional entrance and kiosk more easily? but ultimately, not sure it matters. up to you.

Why don't we tentatively have Tom's Posse take the East Side, you guys take the West Side.

T

deagol
10-20-2011, 06:24 PM
I was listed as a maybe, but at this point I can not make the fest (unless someone from the Front Range of Colorado wants to carpool). Maybe next year?
Have fun, everyone.....

utahiker
10-23-2011, 07:51 AM
I'd like to come down Friday after work. Do I just invite myself and show up? I can bring firewood and rope. I'd be interested in carpooling from the Murray area. Friday after 3 pm, come back Sunday.

Iceaxe
10-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Do I just invite myself and show up?

YES

Rob L
10-23-2011, 02:10 PM
I'd like to come down Friday after work. Do I just invite myself and show up? I can bring firewood and rope. I'd be interested in carpooling from the Murray area. Friday after 3 pm, come back Sunday.

You'll be made very welcome, turn up and introduce yourself; there are no prerequisites.
Ask for the ugly fellow....you will be pointed to either Iceaxe :lol8: or more likely me :slobber:. I can't help you with the carpool, sorry.

Rob L
10-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Hello Tom,

Can we assume the "soft bit" is as per the attached photo?

Regards,
Rob

[edit: picture now edited in Ratagonia's post below]

Iceaxe
10-24-2011, 12:07 PM
What you have noted as the 'soft bit' is actually what I would call the main or large Sandthrax campsite, and where Tom wants us to camp. The actual soft bit would be to the right (south) of what you have noted as the 'soft bit'.

ratagonia
10-29-2011, 07:15 AM
What you have noted as the 'soft bit' is actually what I would call the main or large Sandthrax campsite, and where Tom wants us to camp. The actual soft bit would be to the right (south) of what you have noted as the 'soft bit'.

Nailed it. :hail2thechief:

T

Rob L
10-29-2011, 12:49 PM
OK, I know you guys know this site well, so bear with me...the "soft bit" in now at the end of the RED arrow?

[edit, picture now edited in Ratagonia's post below]

ratagonia
10-29-2011, 12:53 PM
OK, I know you guys know this site well, so bear with me...the "soft bit" in now at the end of the RED arrow?

I updated the Map to show the important features.

Enjoy.

Tom

Rob L
10-29-2011, 01:03 PM
I think you've done a grand job of editing, asante sana; I've removed the previous pictures to avoid confusion.

Rob

[edit: very nice job, thanks!]

mfshop
10-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Hey Rob,

I just got permission from the wife, so you can change the 'maybe' to a 'definite'. If anyone wants to carpool from StG, send me a pm. I plan on leaving Thursday-Sunday, unless it's raining. I'm strictly a 'fair weather' canyoneer:mrgreen:

Rob L
10-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Excellent news. :wave: I'll be the one with a Brit accent.

optikal
11-01-2011, 09:40 AM
What can we typically expect for temperatures during this time of year? Based on the 10 day forecast for Hanksville it's saying low 50s during the day and mid 20s at night... this seem about right?

Is Woody the only canyon that will require a wetsuit?

CarpeyBiggs
11-01-2011, 09:53 AM
i would think 50s during the day, 20s at night would be on the cold side. it could easily be upper 60s in the day, above freezing at night. pretty variable this time of year though.

some might want a wetsuit if trail, maidenwaters, or trachyotomy get done. but only woody and maidenwaters are probably "bogley-fest" friendly....

kokopelli99
11-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Is there room for one more and, if so, can i delay committing until 11/8 or so? Right now I'm not sure if i can make it. I will bring hard-to-find excellent beer if i can make it.

Iceaxe
11-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Is there room for one more and, if so, can i delay committing until 11/8 or so? Right now I'm not sure if i can make it. I will bring hard-to-find excellent beer if i can make it.

There is nothing official about these Bogley-fests.... you just show up and you are in.

ratagonia
11-02-2011, 04:41 PM
i would think 50s during the day, 20s at night would be on the cold side. it could easily be upper 60s in the day, above freezing at night. pretty variable this time of year though.

some might want a wetsuit if trail, maidenwaters, or trachyotomy get done. but only woody and maidenwaters are probably "bogley-fest" friendly....

Morocco and Merry Piglets can also involve swims. Also Foolin' Around.

Wetsuits help provide more options.

Tom :moses:

Rob L
11-05-2011, 04:13 PM
My busy schedule (aka flights, jet lag, car hire, driving distances etc) looks like I won't be able to get to the Sandthrax campground before the afternoon of the 10th.

I look forward to meeting old friends & making new ones.

Rob

plutacratic77
11-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Deliberation concluded; This sounds way too good to pass up. I'll be swinging down Friday night, hopefully leaving SLC by 4. If anyone is interested in a carpool, lemme know. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Tim

Rob L
11-06-2011, 01:11 PM
We look forward to meeting you; are you happy knowing where to meet up?

Rob

plutacratic77
11-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Yup! Been down to Sandthrax a couple of times. If I've got it right, I'll find you guys closer to the first entrance (coming from the North), correct?

Scott P
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
I should be able to make Friday-Saturday.

Weather looks pretty good, but perhaps a slight chance of rain Saturday:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.31795595794451&lon=-110.53619384765625&site=slc&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

Rob L
11-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Yup! Been down to Sandthrax a couple of times. If I've got it right, I'll find you guys closer to the first entrance (coming from the North), correct?

Affirm.

Audilard
11-08-2011, 12:05 PM
I haven't been searching the forums for a while and read this. I'm hoping to come down and do some canyons around High Spur on Saturday. Hope to run into some of you.

blueshade
11-08-2011, 03:26 PM
After checking with work and hearing from the other guy I was going to meet (who canceled), I'll now be there Nov 9-13. At least, I'm planning on being there the night of the 9th. Is anyone planning on doing a canyon on the 10th, or is everyone just arriving on the 10th like what happened with the Robbers Roost Bogley Fest?

Don
11-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Cody and I had previously planned a camping and hiking trip for Veterans Day with a bunch of guys we went to Iraq with, so we’ll be in Moab this weekend and might even pull off a technical route or two, depending on the interest of the other guys. But man, looking over the list of attendees for this Bogley-fest really makes me wish I could make it there too. I’m looking forward to reading trip reports and seeing photos of the alcohol-related tomfoolery! (Or other people’s-foolery!)

mrbrejcha
11-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Looks like I'll be down there this weekend.

CarpeyBiggs
11-08-2011, 06:03 PM
I haven't been searching the forums for a while and read this. I'm hoping to come down and do some canyons around High Spur on Saturday. Hope to run into some of you.

we'll be in north wash. a little far from high spur. be great to cross paths though.

CarpeyBiggs
11-08-2011, 06:19 PM
My plan is now to arrive late on Thursday evening, probably 11ish or so. I'll have 6 or 7 people in my group.

Friday we will be doing Morocco. It's an easy canyon, very short approach, with a handful of rappels. It will be an excellent canyon for those who have never done a canyon before. We'll probably build a few anchors in there, and generally take it pretty slow. It will be cold and probably wet in there, so be prepared. At least one deep wade is my guess.

Other canyons I'm interested in doing are anything in poison springs, and hogs 1, 2, or 4.

Looking forward to meeting new faces. Looks like there will be a huge crowd! Bring firewood!

:2thumbs:

Gambel Oak
11-08-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm going and will be leaving SLC Friday morning and a not too late start getting back on Sunday. No real agenda other than getting in a canyon or two, meeting some new people, taking some photos, maybe get a run in. Possibly will have a friend coming along. Other than that I haven't met any of you or maybe I have but have never put handles to names.

EvergreenDean
11-09-2011, 09:21 AM
After checking with work and hearing from the other guy I was going to meet (who canceled), I'll now be there Nov 9-13. At least, I'm planning on being there the night of the 9th. Is anyone planning on doing a canyon on the 10th, or is everyone just arriving on the 10th like what happened with the Robbers Roost Bogley Fest?

Adam, I believe you misunderstood my email yesterday. I am not cancelling. I am a solid maybe, and a "probably" at this point. Just won't get there Thursday. I had a small group of friends that wanted to hit the Swell instead but as of yesterday it appears they are cancelling the trip. Look for me Friday night for sure and lets try for canyons Saturday. As stated, you can't go wrong hooking up with CarpeyBiggs on Friday if they have room for you. You would love the hog canyons for sure.

Adam is relatively unknown but I will vouch for him. Good skills for a noob. Natural climber, good asset in canyons, non-offensive. He was a BIG help in Chambers for me a few weeks ago.

blueshade
11-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Adam, I believe you misunderstood my email yesterday. I am not cancelling. I am a solid maybe, and a "probably" at this point. Just won't get there Thursday. I had a small group of friends that wanted to hit the Swell instead but as of yesterday it appears they are cancelling the trip. Look for me Friday night for sure and lets try for canyons Saturday. As stated, you can't go wrong hooking up with CarpeyBiggs on Friday if they have room for you. You would love the hog canyons for sure.

Adam is relatively unknown but I will vouch for him. Good skills for a noob. Natural climber, good asset in canyons, non-offensive. He was a BIG help in Chambers for me a few weeks ago.

Dean, actually I was referring to a guy from SLC that I was going to meet Nov 9-10. I'm still planning on being there tonight (Nov 9)- find my red car (CO plates) if anyone else will, too. Otherwise will solo a moderate canyon and be back at camp the night of Nov 10.

kokopelli99
11-09-2011, 11:48 AM
I've only been thru 6 canyons and am wondering whether a 3mm vest will provide enough insulation if deep wading is required? Karl

Iceaxe
11-09-2011, 11:53 AM
am wondering whether a 3mm vest will provide enough insulation if deep wading is required?

NO!

Wet canyons will require at least a 3mm full wet suit.

Now for the dry canyons, which might contain water..... I don't carry a wetsuit. I just strip down to my shorts, dry bag my cloths and rush through the water if there is any. On the far side of the water I get dressed and continue on.... I always wear quick dry clothes and never cotton (death cloth).

Your milage may vary....

kokopelli99
11-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Turns out i won't be able to join this trip. Enjoy and watch out for the deep sand in the middle of the campsite-my ride got stuck there a couple weeks ago. Karl

ddavis
11-10-2011, 09:19 AM
I can also vouch for Adam. He's definitely an asset in cayons.

I'll be down late on Thursday. I'll look for both of you (Adam and Dean). I'll be with a group, but I would love to do something with the two of you over the weekend.

Deborah

Iceaxe
11-10-2011, 09:33 AM
I'll be down early Saturday morning with my daughter...

:banana:

utahiker
11-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Well I was on my way Friday...luckily only made it as far as the Provo area. Debris, tire damage. Saturday ended being spent at the tire shop getting four new tires. I was planning on getting new tires before it snowed but hoped to get in one more road trip. :sad:

Iceaxe
11-14-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm locking this thread as the event is over.

Hopefully pictures and trip reports will be posted here:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?61250

:cool2: