PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Park City

Sombeech
10-17-2011, 09:05 AM
I won't be taking the mountain bikes unfortunately, and it's not ski season yet, so what do you guys like to do and see up in Park City?

I'd like to hit the Alpine Slides if they're still open. How about the Olympic Park? I've heard that's cool to go visit.

Any ideas?

trackrunner
10-17-2011, 09:20 AM
the olympic park has an alpine slide and two different zip lines. on from the top of the ski jump hill to the bottom.

jman
10-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Don't forgot the Homestead Crater in Midway (like 10miles south of PC). Warm water scuba or swimming for cheap.

middlefork
10-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Ride the lifts and do some hiking! I hear there are some good places to eat and drink too!:haha:

BruteForce
10-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Homestead hot pots and the brew pubs / eating places. Drive Guardsmans before its snowed over.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

Rau_Dawg33
10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
I was up there last weekend and unfortunately the alpine slide and zip lines are closed for the season.

The Homestead Crated is pretty cool tho. Thats where i got my scuba ceritfication.

Ive heard the Heber Valley Railroad has a haunted train ride. I haven't done it but may be worth looking into.

Sombeech
10-17-2011, 10:42 PM
I was up there last weekend and unfortunately the alpine slide and zip lines are closed for the season.

Dang, I've been trying to ride those things for years. Thanks for the info though.

So the Homestead Crater, do you need to be scuba certified to dive there?

jman
10-18-2011, 04:33 AM
So the Homestead Crater, do you need to be scuba certified to dive there?
No. I think it costs maybe $5/person for a 1hr or 2hr soak. But really, that's plenty long.

Sombeech
10-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Cool, Homestead Crater looks awesome. I thought about the scuba package for $100.... but what is defined as a "soak"? Do they have a sitting area there, so not fully submerged?

jman
10-19-2011, 05:51 AM
Cool, Homestead Crater looks awesome. I thought about the scuba package for $100.... but what is defined as a "soak"? Do they have a sitting area there, so not fully submerged?

Soak=swimming. However there are benches you can sit on that they have suspended in the water.

Jaxx
10-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Shop/walk the old main street. There is a really cool old museum where the old jail was. It's really cool.

There used to be a cool mine tour that I took when I was a kid. I think they shut that down though

Sombeech
10-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the ideas. It turns out the Alpine Slides are closed, but the coaster and zip line are still open :cool2: We're still deciding about Homestead Crater, I'd love to check it out though.