PDA

View Full Version : Education

restrac2000
10-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Does anyone see a potential side for an resource education priority? I could see creating region specific pdfs about: commonly used campsites; common travel routes (times, etc), seasonal road conditions and problems; common anchor techniques for the region; emergency contacts; permit requirements.

Each area could also have agency contacts, environmental concerns, annual comments about access and perceived problems from agencies. It could provide a regional map with names of canyons but avoid beta.

I see a lot of potential for this. It could be founded on a central format and then a volunteer committee or organization could adopt a specific region (North Wash, Escalante, Zion, Grand Canyon, etc)

jman
10-14-2011, 04:17 PM
definitely. I'm trying to see view this new national org from both noob and veteran status, and having education is definitely a dynamic element in this sport. Baseball, not so much. Canyoneering, very much so.

I think this would be one of the "cores" of the org...

trackrunner
10-14-2011, 05:21 PM
I see value in this proposal but not an immediate need or among the first steps. once an organization is firmly established & had time to mature a little. Then the bod could explore addressing this need. Unless of coarse this was a founding principle then the previous would apply to other popular ideas.

denaliguide
10-14-2011, 06:14 PM
sounds like most guidebooks i've read. except for eliminating the beta.

Felicia
10-14-2011, 07:26 PM
I see value in this proposal but not an immediate need or among the first steps. once an organization is firmly established & had time to mature a little. Then the bod could explore addressing this need. Unless of coarse this was a founding principle then the previous would apply to other popular idea.

I agree.