PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Green River Trip March 2010

Ravialdo
10-08-2011, 05:40 AM
Yes, I know, its long overdue.
A buddy and I went down the Green River last year, and were by our estimates, the 1st people down the river for the season. Was a blast and wanted to thank everyone who gave me good beta on what to expect.

Put in at Crystal Geyser on a cold, gray day. First day was a great but cold and wet paddle to Trin-alcove where we camped (and I got stuck in cold quicksand trying to beach the canoe).

Ended up staying there for 2 nights because it was so scenic. That, and it rained the next day and we didn't feel like canoeing in the cold rain.

a view of the Trin campsite

The 3rd day we made it to the Bow-tie Bend and camped. Had a hard time finding a true trail to the saddle and had to pick our way through some boulders.

Campsite near Bowtie

Had a glorious morning the next day to our take out at Spring Canyon (the road to the other takeout was still being repaired).

Once again, thanks to all who gave great advice. I know the TR is a while in coming, but better late than never!

Alex
10-10-2011, 07:25 AM
In March the weather is very unpredictable down there. Glad you had a good trip!