PDA

View Full Version : Road Past the Head of Buck and Pasture Canyons???

MPH
10-04-2011, 07:24 PM
I have been down the road to NFRR and White Roost many times. However, I have never been to Buck and Pasture Canyons. It looks like the road continues past Buck...If so, does it come out onto Hwy. 24 or the Hans Flat Road? Thought it might b nice to continue versus turn around and backtrack.

Anyone know of this road and where it might end? Thanks, Mike

ratagonia
10-04-2011, 10:53 PM
I have been down the road to NFRR and White Roost many times. However, I have never been to Buck and Pasture Canyons. It looks like the road continues past Buck...If so, does it come out onto Hwy. 24 or the Hans Flat Road? Thought it might b nice to continue versus turn around and backtrack.

Often these roads can be analyzed using google earth.

Tom

Sombeech
10-05-2011, 06:24 AM
The inline Google Maps feature here on bogley might help too.
http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?39098-Embed-Google-Maps-in-a-bogley-post&prefixid=How_To

You can also view "Google Earth" on the google maps inside the bogley post too, it just requires a small plugin installation. If you've got an approximate GPS coord, put it in between the "map" tag. :cool2:

CarpeyBiggs
10-05-2011, 08:25 AM

years ago i drove it (i think it's the same road), and it apparently should make it all the way out to highway 24. however, it was washed out and impassable to my xterra only a few miles west of pasture canyon. i didn't take decent notes though... sorry. however, i think once you get back out of the canyons, it is a pretty straight shot back to 24.

CarpeyBiggs
10-05-2011, 09:48 AM
i just checked my map... and when i drove it in 2007, i got stopped at the head of Buck canyon. from what i could tell at the time though, the road does eventually connect into 24 milepost 7. that's what i remembered in my head, and the map seems to confirm it. BUT... i've never driven on the west side of buck, so i can't say for sure.