PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in Keyhole on Saturday the 1st?

Bshelton
09-25-2011, 08:21 PM
I will be in the park this coming weekend with the family, but plan on sneaking away for a couple hours and doing Keyhole. Is anyone interested? I have never done keyhole due to it's popularity and length but it seems I have saved it for the perfect occasion. ( I get to play and yet still have time to spend with the family).

The only glitch would be if I was denied a walk in permit Saturday morning as I will not be in the area until Friday night.

tcott
09-26-2011, 08:14 AM
You shouldn't have any problems getting a permit, there are still 50 available online for Saturday.

jon.moab
09-26-2011, 09:12 AM
You may want to just go online and reserve a permit, this will only be an additional $5 and provides peace of mind. That being said, I will be doing Keyhole on the 1st. I will be taking my son through. We will be taking it slow, but you would be welcome to join us...

Bshelton
09-26-2011, 03:04 PM
You shouldn't have any problems getting a permit, there are still 50 available online for Saturday.

Thanks tcott! Actually I have already secured one. Once I posted this I went online and reserved one. I don't typically do that unless I'm really committed to a particular canyon. In this case I am. Thanks for the heads up though.

Bshelton
09-26-2011, 03:10 PM
You may want to just go online and reserve a permit, this will only be an additional $5 and provides peace of mind. That being said, I will be doing Keyhole on the 1st. I will be taking my son through. We will be taking it slow, but you would be welcome to join us...

Thanks jon.moab! I did go online and reserve one as noted above. Thanks for the invite I'd be happy to join you. I was debating on taking my son if he was interested. He is 15 and has never done a canyon but is very agile and Iv had him on a rope a couple of times. Is this a similar match to what your itinerary might be? If it sounds like a plan send me a pm an we can work out the details.