PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for a short canyon in Zion

ocanler
09-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm headed to Zion next week-end. On the day of our drive back to So Cal, we wanted to do a short canyon (2-3 hours). We were going to do a Keyhole but after finding out the latest condition on candition.com (Canyon reeks), I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe Echo, but it takes a little longer. I looked at Tom's book but did not find a short enough one. Can anybody recommend one in Zion or just outside of Zion?

Thanks

ratagonia
09-11-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm headed to Zion next week-end. On the day of our drive back to So Cal, we wanted to do a short canyon (2-3 hours). We were going to do a Keyhole but after finding out the latest condition on candition.com (Canyon reeks), I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe Echo, but it takes a little longer. I looked at Tom's book but did not find a short enough one. Can anybody recommend one in Zion or just outside of Zion?

Thanks

It just rained a whole bunch, so Keyhole is tip top full of clear clean water.

The other really short choice would be Lower Refrigerator, which does not require a wetsuit.

http://www.canyoneeringcentral.com/canyon-descriptions/zion-national-park/technical-canyons/moderate-canyons/lower-refrigerator-canyon.html

Tom

oldno7
09-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Could hit Yankee Doodle on the way out, but a bit more of a drive...

Iceaxe
09-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Keyhole is good to go. :2thumbs:

Pine Creek is short...

Kanarra Creek might also work for ya...

ocanler
09-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the new condition update. Great to hear. We'll be heading for Keyhole then.