PDA

View Full Version : Equinox Get Together!

Bo_Beck
09-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Summer is coming to an end, and with that we are ushering in Fall with a get together! If you happen to be around it would be great to have you pop by!

Brian in SLC
09-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Bo, this looks really neat!

I don't see it listed as an event on the AAC website. You mind if I give them a head's up?

The section chair for Utah is a slacker and needs to have an event or two this year...ha ha.

Bo_Beck
09-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Bo, this looks really neat!

I don't see it listed as an event on the AAC website. You mind if I give them a head's up?

The section chair for Utah is a slacker and needs to have an event or two this year...ha ha.

You can give them a heads up, but they'll not have a clue! Jack just sent me this event poster from a past event. I photoshopped out the itinerary from the bottom and put in our own itinerary. I couldn't figure out how to photoshop out the AAC at the top without seriously detracting from the poster :haha:

blueeyes
09-08-2011, 06:50 PM
We will stop in and say hi!

trackrunner
09-08-2011, 07:31 PM
I might be there for this one. might not stay too long if the group is doing a big canyon the next morning.

Bo_Beck
09-24-2011, 05:01 AM
A great time was had by all! WoW does Jack have a story to tell! Both Jack and his wife were present. My many thanks to Jack for a GREAT presentation, and to the 30 or 40 awesome friends of The Rat that showed up! Thanks to Black Diamond for the awesome raffle prizes (Boa Pack, Quickdraws, Carabiners and Chalk Bags). Very appreciative to Zion Brewing Co. for the yummy Jamaican and Amber. Kudos to Jason for allowing us to have this event take place at The Rat. (Chere..the lemon sunshine cookies were a hit, Thank You, and I hope there are a couple left when I get to work this morn?)....Many thanks to you Dan Ransom for giving us a sneak preview of the Grand Canyoneering Film! I think my co-workers were psyched! I also know that Jack thought it was pretty awesome. Last and certainly not least...KIP "Bshwkr" you are the man! Headed in to work in 30 minutes to connect my computer that crashed and you fixed back up so I can get back to work now! Thanks Man!

Felicia
09-24-2011, 06:26 AM
Sorry we missed the party. :cry1:

I'm glad to hear that all had a great time! :bootyshake:

Bo_Beck
09-25-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanx Jason! Glad you were able to join in the good times!

http://www.examiner.com/hip-hop-music-in-salt-lake-city/autumn-equinox-party-at-the-desert-rat-for-jack-tackle

Autumn Equinox party at The Desert Rat for Jack Tackle

Add a comment
Jason Thomas, Salt Lake City Hip-Hop Music Examiner
September 24, 2011 - Like this? Subscribe to get instant updates.

Print
Email
Last night at The Desert Rat, 468 west and St. George Boulevard in St. George, Utah, was a night of entertainment, food, drinks and great people. We all gathered to hear the life travels of a very accomplished adventurer by the name of Jack Tackle. This man was very friendly and humble, approaching all in attendance, individually, to personally meet and greet. With expeditions spanning the globe, Jack has seen and climbed and conquered more than most ever dream of. Undoubtedly, this guy inspires all who comes in contact with him to live adventurously and to the fullest. Having suffered some injuries and health setbacks, Jack has never given up his passion of exploring Planet Earth and has overcome many obstacles. Mr. Tackle is a representative for Black Diamond, an outdoor retailer. Jack was invited to share his stories by The Desert Rat

blueeyes
09-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Great party Bo. Sorry we had to leave early a friend was hosting an art showing at DSC same night. I really wanted to hear all of Jack's story. Nice to meet you Dan! Good to see theking as well.

PS. Bo I will get you a copy of that recipe to give to the bartender.

CarpeyBiggs
09-25-2011, 01:38 PM
yes, excellent slide show from jack. very inspiring, makes you realize what a true bad-ass is... also great to meet you blueeyes! and always good to see you too bo. hope we get another canyon again soon. :2thumbs:

Bo_Beck
09-25-2011, 02:59 PM
yes, excellent slide show from jack. very inspiring, makes you realize what a true bad-ass is... also great to meet you blueeyes! and always good to see you too bo. hope we get another canyon again soon. :2thumbs:

Believe it or not Dan.........In my mind you fit in a very similar category as Jack......BAD ASS! You may not have been hit with a rock, but I bet it sure felt like it a few months back?!!!!!!!!!! Back hitting it as strong as ever! Good on 'ya'