PDA

View Full Version : Conditions Choprock or Squeeze Conditions

qedcook
08-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Hey all,

Two of my very experienced canyoneering friends and I are hitting the road this weekend. Anyone have any condition reports on Choprock or the Squeeze right now?

Just to preempt any concerns, yes, we are all experienced and in good shape. These canyons have a serious reputation for a reason and hopefully I respect that enough to make a wise choice (not trying to take it lightly, just want advice on conditions).

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also forgot to ask about the Neon potholes???

ratagonia
08-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Hey all,

Two of my very experienced canyoneering friends and I are hitting the road this weekend. Anyone have any condition reports on Choprock or the Squeeze right now?

Just to preempt any concerns, yes, we are all experienced and in good shape. These canyons have a serious reputation for a reason and hopefully I respect that enough to make a wise choice (not trying to take it lightly, just want advice on conditions).

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also forgot to ask about the Neon potholes???

Choprock: remote, difficult, long.

Squeeze: not so remote, all bolted up so no real difficulties, longer than Little Wild Horse.

Kinda like Spry to Imlay. Hope you don't assume otherwise.

(ya know, just to fulfill my role as 100-year-old party pooper...)

There have been big storms out that way recently, so conditions are unpredictable.

:moses:

qedcook
09-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Choprock is an awesome canyon!!! That thing is so dang fun!!! :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: