PDA

View Full Version : Invite Snowbasin 100K / 50K Practice loop

gholt
08-22-2011, 02:16 PM
For those who don't like to participate in organized races, I just like to ride. Would anyone be up for doing either the 50K or 100K loop at snowbasin. The race is this Sat, so we could go earlier or after the race next week, or sometime after that.

Let me know if anyone is interested. The way I see it is it could be a good way to make a great ride, the race course covers some good trail sections in Wheeler Creek.

Sombeech
08-22-2011, 06:35 PM
We saw the signs going up Sardine too. I envy the endurance the racers have on this stuff.

chromehead58
08-24-2011, 08:03 AM
What about friday?

gholt
08-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Friday would be good. I was thinking either do the 50K loop, or do it and add sections of the 100K.

live2ride
08-26-2011, 09:23 AM
I rode it friday last year and the trail was busy as can be with last minute preperations and teams showing up...I will be up there next saturday to give it a shot, hopefully next year I can ride in the race just for a goal to do it. Going to be a warm one for the racers!

gholt
08-29-2011, 08:00 AM
I rode it on Friday. I ended up only doing 14 or 15 miles. I think I strted too late in the day. I got up there about 11 - 11 30. and about 2:30 I was starting to feel heat stroke, but I think I want to try it again perhaps next saturday.

live2ride
08-29-2011, 09:22 AM
i will be game for next saturday with you, I went to the race this year and I picked up the official course print out also. We will have to start early to beat out the heat...maybee stash some water mid way on the course for some re-fills since we wont have a feed station or just put a car at art nord before the final climbs back to basin.

I am going to do this next year, the 50 K course is pretty managable and is only ten more miles than I like to ride on a nice saturday ride, throw a bunch of people into the mix and a race atmosphere and I am sure I would blow my wad in the first 10 minutes...LOL .

gholt
08-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Saturday early would be good. How about 6:30 - 7:00 so that we can avoid the heat. I like the idea of parking a car at the Art Nord trail with water and food, or is there a better place to put it?

live2ride
08-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Sounds like a plan, lets make sure to get a car somewhere or some extra water? I will look at the route on the map and see what makes the most sense? I hate riding with a ton of extra water on my back if I dont have to.

chromehead58
08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
I will be there early on friday....wish i could go on saturday, but i am outta here for the weekend.

gholt
09-01-2011, 08:59 AM
I might be able to swing being there early Friday as well. If I can get the day off that would be a perfect start to the weekend. Let me know what time on Friday you were thinking and how far you wanted to ride?

chromehead58
09-01-2011, 11:00 AM
I am planning on doing the entire 50...would like to start about 8 am...

live2ride
09-01-2011, 11:22 AM
so are you out now for sat morning? gotta let me know since I am planning on showing up saturday morning and have been changing my riding plans for the entire week so I have some legs left come sat. let me know. Thanks

gholt
09-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Friday will be a warmup. I don't know If I will ride the loop twice on Friday. But, I am still planning on Sat.

gholt
09-01-2011, 11:46 PM
So, for Sat. where should we meet?

At the Art Nord base to leave a car with Water, or at Snow Basin Parking Lot, and what time?

610garmin
09-02-2011, 03:01 AM
It looks so nice!

live2ride
09-02-2011, 09:11 AM
how about the snow basin parking lot? with that old basin road closed it is going to eat up some of the morning just putting a car there, I figure I will bring some extra water, or earls lodge will be open and we can fill it up there? on the back side when we get ready to drop back down to go to maples...here is the loop I picked up from basin for the 50K what do you think....

Start at Basin behind lodge, ride up dirt road by little cat, jump onto greens north loop, take greens to last chance loop which will bring us back maples behind the lodge, (grab some food water if needed, bathroom break or whatever) continue on maples to lower parking lot, dirt road down to maples trail head, maples east to art nord trail head, take art nord to middle fork, middle fork to old snowbasin road which will take us back to basin. That was the 50K course that they rode during the race. I am game for whatever and will pm you my cell right now and we can dial in everything we want to ride. I am pumped up! Tyler