PDA

View Full Version : Cathedral Peak and Eichorn Pinnacle July 26th 2011

RAM
08-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Tom came in about 10:30 PM. We chatted from the warmth of our bags. All excited Tom actually woke us and prodded us forward in the morning. This route we have planned is crazy crowded quite often. An hour drive and 2 hour approach had us, with 4 or other groups, at the base of the SE face of Cathedral Peak. The face initially is wide and everyone could "go their own way." Unfortunately, later on, options reduce to 2 or so, different ways to go and folks have to draw straws or somethin. Aaron hauled the two old men up the peak. A quick touch of the top so others could come up and then we headed over the west side to the amazing Eichorn Pinnacle. Tom, fresh to altitude, enjoyed the view while Aaron and I roped one scary but easy pitch to the summit. A rap off and we started our descent.

Tom was headed to Sacramento to see family, but could not resist a meal at the Deli. Aaron and I hit the road at 7:30 PM, making it to within 30 miles of Utah that night. The next day, across Wyoming and home by late afternoon. 20 operating days, 22 summits, 55,000 feet of ascent and 120+ roped pitches. Only twice did a a cloud block the sun for a few minutes, once on day 12 and once on day 18. A fine excursion. Aaron continued to climb back here in Colorado during the last 2 weeks. In fact he is on the Diamond of Long's Peak as I post this. Be careful, boy! Amy, Judy and I are headed to Ouray to start up our canyon season. More pictures...and memories to come. Hope you enjoyed the show.
Pictures?
https://picasaweb.google.com/aramv14/SWButressCathedralEichornPinnicleJuly26th2011

Felicia
08-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Great pictures Ram! I forgot how beautiful that are is - time to get back to the Sierras. :2thumbs:

Amy, Judy and I are headed to Ouray to start up our canyon season. More pictures...and memories to come. Hope you enjoyed the show.
Pictures?
https://picasaweb.google.com/aramv14/SWButressCathedralEichornPinnicleJuly26th2011

Travel safe and play hard!!! :nod:

...oh and take lots of pictures!!!