PDA

View Full Version : Adams Canyon in Kaysville

REDFOX
07-30-2011, 08:06 PM
I just got back from riding the shoreline trail from the Castle house in Layton to Adams Canyon waterfall. Like most of the trails that folllow creeks, this one was also affected by the heavy run off. This made the trail extra challenging. You actually have to ride in the creek in a couple of spots. It seemed like the rocks were more exposed. I got several comments from hikers saying that they have never seen bikers in the canyon.

tallsteve
08-01-2011, 07:23 AM
I grew up in Kaysville and spent many a day in Adams and Baer Canyon's. Of course this was way before mtn. bikes were invented. I remember both canyons being pretty rugged and am surprised you got up there. Kudos- sounds like fun!

woodhead
09-07-2011, 08:48 PM
You really rode all the way to the top waterfall? How did you get around the large rock before the trail turns to the east? I need to meet you and see this bike you ride! I ride the shoreline trail from the south parking lot to Fernwood several times a week but I have never considered riding up Adams Canyon. I've hiked it many times but I didn't consider the upper portion ridable. Tell me more....

REDFOX
09-07-2011, 09:17 PM
I mostly hike my bike up the trail to the large rock that is on an angle. Then I ride my bike downhill out of Adams canyon onto the shoreline and then I hit the pavement to my house in Kaysville. I should have been more specific. The bike that I ride is a modified specialized demo pro 9. The frame is stock. 9" of rear wheel travel.