PDA

View Full Version : News Girl With No Arms and No Legs Fails to Make Cheerleading Squad...And SUES!

Iceaxe
07-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Linky (http://notsomebody.com/2011/07/14/girl-with-no-arms-and-legs-says-cheerleading-try-out-is-unfair-after-she-fails-to-make-school-squad-3-years-in-a-row/#ad_not_found)

A Nebraska girl born with no arms and legs has blamed unfair scoring after she failed to make her school’s cheerleading squad three years in a row.

Julia Sullivan, 16, has complained to the school board after she said she was given ‘no accommodation for her disability’ during try-outs.

The wheelchair user did not make the team after she received a low score in the jumps/kicks category of the trials.

They complained that the school had broken the Americans with Disabilities Act and other discrimination laws.

RANT ON!

Damn... I hate stupid people.... Life is not fair! Get used to it!

Not everyone is pretty.... being beautiful on the inside isn't the same as being beautiful on the outside... I don't care what your mother told you.

Not everyone is a winner.... just because you played doesn't mean you deserve a trophy.

Pass - fail is not a grade.

Some people just deserve a punch in the mouth.

When the sign says slower traffic to the right that means over half of you should have your ass in the right hand lane.... you are all not fast. Some of you drive worthless underpowered pieces of crap.

If you are fat.... err... aaaa.... err.... at least you can fix that. Start exercising and eating healthy.

If any of my rant above has offended you I feel bad..... Well, not really, but if I were a good person I would feel bad.

:soapbox:

Deathcricket
07-15-2011, 01:54 PM
I drive a big fast car to compensate for my small penis

Fixed for ya. A simpler message will reach more people. :naughty:

Iceaxe
07-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Whatever works for ya.... just get the hell outta the fast lane. :cool2:

They should've just told her she was too ugly like all the rest of the girls that didn't make the cheerleading squad.

dmMatrix
07-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Whatever works for ya.... just get the hell outta the fast lane. :cool2:

They should've just told her she was too ugly like all the rest of the girls that didn't make the cheerleading squad.

Im just curious how she was holding her pom-poms :naughty:

And I agree with what you said about getting out of the fast lane.... although, what I hate even more are the A** holes that rip past the 9 cars in the left lane to try and cut off all of them from the right. I have gotten the finger so many times when I touch the gas right as they try to start squeezing in. They almost hit me and I just giggle.... Good luck taking on my Cummins with that little girly car with a cheap spoiler :nod:

uintahiker
07-18-2011, 08:42 AM
This started out like a series of bad jokes I've heard.

You know what her parents call her when she's waterskiing? Skip!
How bout when they take her swimming? Bob!
etc. etc.

BLUEberryBOB
07-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Linky (http://notsomebody.com/2011/07/14/girl-with-no-arms-and-legs-says-cheerleading-try-out-is-unfair-after-she-fails-to-make-school-squad-3-years-in-a-row/#ad_not_found)

A Nebraska girl born with no arms and legs has blamed unfair scoring after she failed to make her school’s cheerleading squad three years in a row.

Julia Sullivan, 16, has complained to the school board after she said she was given ‘no accommodation for her disability’ during try-outs.

The wheelchair user did not make the team after she received a low score in the jumps/kicks category of the trials.

They complained that the school had broken the Americans with Disabilities Act and other discrimination laws.

RANT ON!

Damn... I hate stupid people.... Life is not fair! Get used to it!

Not everyone is pretty.... being beautiful on the inside isn't the same as being beautiful on the outside... I don't care what your mother told you.

Not everyone is a winner.... just because you played doesn't mean you deserve a trophy.

Pass - fail is not a grade.

Some people just deserve a punch in the mouth.

When the sign says slower traffic to the right that means over half of you should have your ass in the right hand lane.... you are all not fast. Some of you drive worthless underpowered pieces of crap.

If you are fat.... err... aaaa.... err.... at least you can fix that. Start exercising and eating healthy.

If any of my rant above has offended you I feel bad..... Well, not really, but if I were a good person I would feel bad.

:soapbox:

What a retarded child, life isn't fair, instead of suing the school for not 'accommodating' your needs why not sue mother nature for not giving you arms?:crazycobasa::facepalm1:
****ing idiots all think the world is fair, well its not, people lose, people win and some people are born without appendages. :fitz:

canyonphile
07-18-2011, 01:52 PM
:lol8:

And I agree with what you said about getting out of the fast lane.... although, what I hate even more are the A** holes that rip past the 9 cars in the left lane to try and cut off all of them from the right. I have gotten the finger so many times when I touch the gas right as they try to start squeezing in. They almost hit me and I just giggle.... Good luck taking on my Cummins with that little girly car with a cheap spoiler :nod:
Sing it, brother Ryan! :haha:

Seriously, I want to get out the smack stick when douchebag drivers do this without cause*. And you know where this is really bad (and is, of course, coupled with Iceaxe's complaint of fools cruising in the passing lane when they aren't passing a damn thing) is along I-17 north of Phx. It's a long uphill drive, so there are lots of slowpokes. Problem is, they are all in the passing lane, passing no one but there's a semi about 1/4 mile up the highway that they will *eventually* pass, so traffic backs up behind their lousy 4-cylinder ass as the refuse to get into the right hand lane and pass only when they come up to said semi.

*I've passed a line of idiots on the right when they were going slower than I was and there was a gap between the lead idiot and the car they were eventually going to pass on the right.

I could rant about crappy drivers for hours :mrgreen:.

Back to the original post topic: it's a sign of how utterly absurd we've become as a society when an armless, legless girl can file, let alone win, a discrimination suit because she failed to make a cheerleading squad. :facepalm1:

Seriously, life isn't fair. It never has been and it never will be. Get over it and stop trying to make everyone pay because you haven't realized this simple concept that has been in effect since there has been life on this planet :roll:.

erial
07-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Julia Sullivan can play the drums so I imagine she can work those pompoms:

http://kingsleyimages.com/blog/2009/09/23/julia-sullivan/

Iceaxe
07-18-2011, 02:46 PM

Pom-pom's were not the issue.... she scored low on "jumps and kicks"..... :lol8:

Don
07-18-2011, 03:08 PM
:wtf: Wow. What a strange perspective on life this girl has.

Funny thread though. :popcorn:

uintahiker
07-19-2011, 07:10 AM
I think the bonus points she probably would have recieved in the cheerleader toss section would more then outweigh any deficiencies in the jumps and kicks.

JP
07-19-2011, 10:00 AM

Good luck taking on my Cummins with that little girly car with a cheap spoiler :nod:
She holds them in her lips :naughty: of course :lol8:

And another proud Cummins owner :2thumbs: :haha:

rockgremlin
07-19-2011, 11:06 AM
She holds them in her lips :naughty: of course :lol8:

Those are some talented lips!

JP
07-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Those are some talented lips!
Some Kegel thingy must be the reason for that talent :mrgreen:

ratagonia
07-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Nice Rant, Ice. No reason to let facts get in the way...

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/girl-wheelchair-wants-be-cheerleader-school-says-no

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110713/NEWS01/707139920/1003452

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014508/Girl-arms-legs-says-Nebraska-school-cheerleading-try-unfair.html

etc.

Iceaxe
07-20-2011, 12:40 PM
All three of your sources state the exact same thing.... "Her parents asked the school board to correct 'scoring errors' in her tryout evaluation, saying no weight was given to her disability."

Which is exactly what I said.... So I'm not sure where you are headed with this.....

:popcorn:

Maybe you are saying the fat ugly girls should receive bonus points for being pretty on the inside?

:duhz:

JP
07-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Just not gonna work.

dmMatrix
07-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Maybe you are saying the fat ugly girls should receive bonus points for being pretty on the inside?

But seriously though, wouldn't you rather see fat ugly dismembered girls cheering for your football team instead of hotties??

I think there would be an increase in fanbase :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::bootyshak e:

ratagonia
07-20-2011, 04:51 PM
All three of your sources state the exact same thing.... "Her parents asked the school board to correct 'scoring errors' in her tryout evaluation, saying no weight was given to her disability."

Which is exactly what I said.... So I'm not sure where you are headed with this.....

:popcorn:

:duhz:

The Title:

Girl With No Arms and No Legs Fails to Make Cheerleading Squad...And SUES!

No evidence of a suit being filed. The parents asked the schoolboard to reconsider. They did.

I'M GONNA SUE YOU, ICE AXE, FOR STEALING THAT HOT STRIPPER OUT FROM UNDER MY NOSE!!!

See, people threaten to sue all the time. Actually suing - quite a bit more rare. Actually getting to court - rarerer still!

Tom :moses:

denaliguide
07-21-2011, 02:47 AM
i can't believe that she didn't claim that all the others trying out had a leg (or two) up on her in the competition.

Sombeech
07-21-2011, 12:49 PM
i can't believe that she didn't claim that all the others trying out had a leg (or two) up on her in the competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

Iceaxe
07-22-2011, 03:07 PM

Always wanting a hand out...

denaliguide
07-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Always wanting a hand out...

:2thumbs:

tmartenst
07-24-2011, 10:53 AM
And I agree with what you said about getting out of the fast lane.... although, what I hate even more are the A** holes that rip past the 9 cars in the left lane to try and cut off all of them from the right. I have gotten the finger so many times when I touch the gas right as they try to start squeezing in. They almost hit me and I just giggle.... Good luck taking on my Cummins with that little girly car with a cheap spoiler :nod: Sing it, brother Ryan! :haha:

Seriously, I want to get out the smack stick when douchebag drivers do this without cause*.

Sorry to go back to this, but I feel the need to educate. I early merge sometimes and late merge sometimes, but studies show later merging increases over all traffic efficiency by 15%! Start late merging!!

http://ask.metafilter.com/17966/Merging-Traffic-Lanes

http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting/2009/02/early_merger_to_late_merger_i.html

Like most everyone else, I can't help feeling extremely irritated on the road when the right lane merges into the flow of traffic and car after car zooms as far down the lane as possible instead of just merging. I heard about this study a while back that says those drivers improve the speed of traffic and thought I'd share the story with you in case you'd missed it.

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/us/news/editorial/9/77/977448b044103203b44a11ce9b75bd2c.jpeg

By Tom Greenwood, DETROIT NEWS STAFF WRITER (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_localdtw/20101112/ts_yblog_localdtw/study-shows-that-merging-late-speeds-traffic):

I freely admit that I detest late lane mergers.

You know who I'm talking about: those drivers who race along in an empty lane and then push their way into traffic where the road funnels into one lane because of road construction.

I sit there in my righteous fury, creeping steadily toward the choke point while these annoying drivers take cuts. I feel like I'm being penalized for playing by the rules while they're rewarded by breaking them.

So my "irk meter" went into overdrive recently when I learned studies show late merging improves the flow of traffic through the full use of both lanes.

Oh, the injustice of it all.

Studies by the Texas Transportation Institute, Minnesota Department of Transportation and Federal Highway Administration concluded late merging improves traffic flow as much as 15 percent.

The studies found wait time was shorter when both lanes are used to reach the merge point and then drivers took turns entering the open lane, like teeth on a zipper.

By common practice (not by law) we here in Michigan use an early merge policy in which vehicles form a long queue in one lane while leaving the other lane empty.

The closest Michigan has come to a late merge policy was the testing in 2006 of a Dynamic Late Lane Merge System at three construction projects across the state.

The dynamic merge system uses a series of detection systems tied into portable signs that warned motorists to prepare to merge. During times of heavy congestion, the signs also advised drivers to "use both lanes to the merge point" and then take turns entering the lane.

Once the congestion dissipated, the signs were turned off and motorists reverted to the early merge system. In its final evaluation, MDOT found the system did help reduce travel times but it hasn't been widely used because of money woes.

Novi resident Bill Corba has been a big advocate of the late merge system for quite a while.

"I first saw them on the Pennsylvania Turnpike," Corba said.

"They had signs which specifically told drivers to drive in both lanes to the merge point and then take turns. In Michigan that one open lane is just wasted space, plus you can get upset seeing another driver trying to squeeze in ahead of you."

But if Michigan ever adopted the late merge system, would its drivers learn to politely take turns or would we curdle the milk of human kindness?

"Michigan drivers willing to share and take turns?" said Corba with a laugh.

"Probably not right away: there's no doubt you'd have to educate Michigan drivers first."
The moral of the story is you should do as all those speed demons do and consider it a favor to everyone else on the road. http://cdn.videosift.com/cdm/emoticon/smile.gif

dmMatrix
07-25-2011, 11:30 AM
wow, that actually makes complete sense. Cool concept, But I still can't help get upset when someone dives in.