PDA

View Full Version : Mtn Bikers Charged By Moose

bbennett
07-08-2011, 01:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2yvlsd9XB4

Udink
07-08-2011, 01:45 PM
:eek2: I wonder what would have happened had it been just one biker. Kinda looks like the only reason the moose broke off the charge is because of the other bikers coming in close behind the first.

CarpeyBiggs
07-08-2011, 01:49 PM
whoa! crazy. pretty wild footage. :eek2:

JP
07-08-2011, 02:54 PM
I guess more than the common whacky driver hates bikes too :haha: Maybe with those funny helmets, she thought her calf would be sucked up to the Mother Ship to be anal probed :mrgreen:

On a serious note, you have to love those GoPro type cameras. Nothing like that POV :2thumbs: Great video!

blueeyes
07-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Don't piss the Mama moose off!

Scary stuff running into a moose on the trail. :eek2:

Bad Karma
07-08-2011, 06:37 PM
:eek2: Yikes! He stopped so fast there had to have been skid marks! Can't say I blame though

accadacca
07-08-2011, 10:53 PM
:lol8: I had to laugh. Dood totally bailed like a sack of potatoes, but avoided being tackled. I can laugh sitting here in my comfy chair. Actually being there would have been freaky. :eek2:

Dr. Nebz
07-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Moose with Calf, makes sense, Those guys are lucky it was not worse than that.

Heading up Mill D North one day a couple of years ago, me and three bikers had to bush whack high around a Bull and a Cow that were right in the trail about a 1/4 mile to Dog Lake. The Bull was letting us know he did not like us being there. Grunting and snorting and thrashing his antlers in the bushes. We all were praying for no charge. It was scary! The Moose is the most insane animal ever.

REDFOX
07-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Moose with Calf, makes sense, Those guys are lucky it was not worse than that.

Heading up Mill D North one day a couple of years ago, me and three bikers had to bush whack high around a Bull and a Cow that were right in the trail about a 1/4 mile to Dog Lake. The Bull was letting us know he did not like us being there. Grunting and snorting and thrashing his antlers in the bushes. We all were praying for no charge. It was scary! The Moose is the most insane animal ever.
Almost everytime that I have ridden this area, I have seen moose. One time I was riding downhill and came upon a young bull moose in the trail. I continued chasing him down the trail thinking to myself that he would just exit the trail. It seemed like I chased him for 200 yards. Looking back now, I would have been screwed if he had stopped and held his ground like they typically do.