PDA

View Full Version : Green River, WY - Trail Intel Please

Tumbleweed
07-04-2011, 06:19 PM
I know there are some good trails in Green River, but can't seem to find any decent maps & directions to get on them. I'm in Rock Springs until Thursday (7/7) and want to do some rides in the next couple of day. Looking for some good intel or someone to ride with...thanks!

Beau

Sombeech
07-04-2011, 07:10 PM
greyhair biker can give you all the info you need.:cool2:

RedSpecialized
07-05-2011, 05:28 PM
GreyHairBiker is definately the man to talk to on this. I rode the trails that he and other made in Green River. He gave me a map and I seem to have misplaced it. However I do believe there is a trail map at the bike park. Here is a link to the map of the bike park. I hope this helps.

There are some nice trails up there, I hope you get to enjoy them.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ht=en&q=1795+Bridger+Drive,+Green+River+,+WY+82935

Tumbleweed
07-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks!

I did a little bit of exploring around the bike park today, but had to leave early for some family stuff. Also found a map on another of GreyHair's posts, so I have something to work from. Plan to check it out again tomorrow.

greyhair biker
07-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Sorry for the delay here - I am meeting some guys at the bike park wednesday morning at 8am. We'll probably shuttle up to one of the trailheads and ride a bit - one of the guys is climatizing from low sea level. I have a huge map in my bike shop you can check out and I can get you a copy of the topo map as well.....I open the bike shop at noon wed.
307-875-1445:nod:

Tumbleweed
07-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the response! Read your post a little late to ride with you today, but I will stop by the shop this afternoon as per your PM.

Beau

greyhair biker
07-06-2011, 02:29 PM
We'll have to ride at a later date. Thanks for stopping by the bike shop:2thumbs:

Tumbleweed
07-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Yes...thanks for taking the time to help with finding the trails. Looking forward to our next trip out that way! Is there a way to donate to your club for the trail fund?

I ended up riding the trail north of I-80 the day after we spoke...the "Better Than Dead" trail I believe. Anyways, it was a great trail without being too long. Not sure which of the various routes I took going back towards the parking area, but it was cool nonetheless. I recall crossing one ladder bridge on the way back. I was surprised how underused the trail is...considering it is right there by town and a nice short ride.

Beau

greyhair biker
07-19-2011, 09:53 PM
The trail has been slightly neglected only because we've been working so hard on the main trail system but we'll get it all cleaned up :2thumbs: