PDA

View Full Version : Conditions Did Mystery yesterday

tdoughty
06-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Angela and I descended Mystery Canyon to the Narrows yesterday, first day its been officially open this season. Though I've not been down it before, it looks a little worse for wear after the heavy winter/spring. It looked like where trails had been they've been washed out, and the canyon is scattered with fallen limbs and talus. On the good side, it all adds to a wilderness feeling. Oh, and the anchors are all in good shape, including the 1" webbing that's strung out to top of the Mystery Springs rap. I'd be remiss if I didn't thank Rob for allowing us to use his rope on the final rap into the river as we were all anxious to exit Mystery because of the thundershowers......soaked before I ever hit the river! And to expedite our trip down the river to the trail we simple lay back and let the waters sweep us down stream!

Krrristi
06-30-2011, 04:10 PM
That sounds awesome! I was wondering about floating down the narrows, I was imagining bringing one of those tubes with holders for like...4 beers. A day hike up and a nice float down :cool2:

MarmotOnARock
06-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Glad to hear it's finely open!