PDA

View Full Version : Do you think women should go topless at the beach?

accadacca
06-29-2011, 02:58 PM

travel.usatoday.com - In a beach etiquette survey of about 1,100 U.S. travelers by TripAdvisor, released this morning, 78% of respondents think toplessness is OK in destinations where it's culturally acceptable. That certainly goes against the stereotype of Americans as being prudish when it comes to public nudity.

The survey also found that 6% say "European" sunbathing is acceptable at any beach or pool.

Another finding that's a surefire conversation starter: people who get up early at resorts to leave towels and personal belongings on chaises, then don't show up for hours. That happens at every big resort I've seen, and it ticks off fellow guests. A whopping 85% of survey respondents think this is bad form, and only 11% say they do it (if you ask me, the percentage of chaise hogs is higher).

Other interesting results:

*60% of respondents would like to see child-free zones at beaches (72% want such zones at pools). And 72% want pet-free areas at beaches; 66% at pools.

*Most annoying beach behavior? Blasting loud music (27%); intoxication and littering (12% each). At the pool, music again was most hated (21%), but second was beach-chair hogging (18%).

*What U.S. beach has the worst-behaved beachgoers? Miami Beach (which can get pretty rowdy with models, bachelor partiers and others going wild), say respondents. Worst behaved beachgoers are from New York, followed by New Jersey. (Did The Jersey Shore party-hearty cast have anything to do with that?) And Americans voted themselves the worst-behaved at beaches.

JP
06-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Some can pull it off, others shouldn't even attempt it :cool2: :bandit:

Sombeech
06-29-2011, 03:29 PM
This thread is worthless.... Well, you know the rest

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant using Tapatalk

double moo
06-29-2011, 08:43 PM
I think Jasper Beach is planning to go topless by next year. I'm in if anyone wants to ride the high prarrie route. nice curves all the way from the grasslands to those beautiful mountains. I love Canada!

dmMatrix
07-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Oh man, Topless beaches are fine and all but as soon as its legal all the people that shouldn't sport it will be. And then it won't be a public attraction anymore.

Then it won't be a beach party, it will be a beached whale party :haha:

JP
07-05-2011, 06:22 AM
This thread is worthless.... Well, you know the rest
Stop picking on moderators :haha:

BLUEberryBOB
07-05-2011, 01:54 PM
I have pecks bigger than most ladies boobs so, I see no reason why breasts cannot be exposed. Europe is mostly both sex restrooms and tons of nudist beaches, why not here in the states?

greyhair biker
07-05-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't mind it when I go to Mexico...wouldn't mind it here.:nod: problem is you never see what you go there to see...that goes for nude beaches as well....who wants to see all those 'battle scars'?:eek2:

ggco
07-05-2011, 09:44 PM
I believe nude beaches are a special privilege..not a right, just like spandex :cool2:

rockgremlin
07-06-2011, 12:43 PM
I don't see a problem with topless beaches - and that goes all across the board. I don't mind the battle scars and droopy boobies. If it's really repulsive I just look away. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Americans want to portray a society of piety and discretion, but in private we get pretty naughty. Go on admit it...:bootyshake:

Sombeech
07-06-2011, 12:44 PM
who in the hell is rockgremlin?

rockgremlin
07-06-2011, 12:53 PM
who in the hell is rockgremlin?

some douche...

nelsonccc
07-07-2011, 09:34 AM
some douche...
You can say that again.

accadacca
07-07-2011, 09:36 AM
:lol8:

BLUEberryBOB
07-07-2011, 09:53 AM
I don't mind it when I go to Mexico...wouldn't mind it here.:nod: problem is you never see what you go there to see...that goes for nude beaches as well....who wants to see all those 'battle scars'?:eek2:

Battle scars?:lol8:

greyhair biker
07-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Battle scars?:lol8:
...dude...I could tell you stories that'd curl your hair:eek2:
Best 'experience' was in southern mexico at a Club Med. Private beach in a secluded cove...I wasn't prepared in my Speedo...nothing to hide there for sure:lol8::lol8:. Worst by FAR was Little Beach on Maui. Never saw so many scars & saggy everything. It right put me off my lunch:haha: --exept for maybe some Florida beaches with wall to wall old people....gives me the shivers to even think about it.

gnwatts
07-09-2011, 05:35 PM
During the 1984 LA olympics we lived in Venice Beach, and all of a sudden women were topless on the beach. Then american girls were going topless too, and things were looking great. Then the life guards were forced to step in and make the law breakers put their tops on, even issuing tickets. The local girls were using fake french accents when approached, indicating they could not understand. The funny thing was that the half naked girls were much more wholesome than the standard boardwalk crowd of pimps, hustlers and rollerbladers.