PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Tuedays ride on Muller Park (6-28-2011)

RedSpecialized
06-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Since no one else could ride this Tuesday it was just me going solo. :bandit: I decided to Ride Muller Park trail since this about 5 minutes from where i live. I rode this trail earlier this year and was able to get by the section where they are working on the pipeline and I rode to the rock. I had heard that since then they have dug a big hole for the pipe line and you couldn't get by that section. Just wanted to see for myself if you couldn't go past. Well I made it up to the pipe line and there is about a 6 ft deep and 6 ft wide hole. You definitely can't jump it (or at least I wouldn't try), but you could see where people had been climbing down into the hole and back out the other side. Looked like you could do it fairly easy without a bike. It would be much harder to try and carry a bike in and out, but I think it is possible. I saw tire tracks where it looked like people had done it. I wasn't feeling that adventurous so decided to turn around.

Here is a video of the section just so you know it happened. I was surprised to see so many on the trail with such a short section ridable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yCqJoU8rGo&feature=channel_video_title

Here a picture of where they were crossing.

PunchKing
06-29-2011, 01:24 PM
People were sure prepared for a short hike. HA HA I won't be riding that trail until they fill in that hole.

accadacca
06-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Man WTF. :angryfire:

MTB addict
07-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Just FYI: You can hit the other side by riding up North Canyon, through Rudy's, down Mueller to the trench. Distance: 18 miles. Climbing: 2500 ft.

live2ride
07-01-2011, 01:04 PM
that is about ten feet shallower than when I was up there. I pretty much just cut this off the list untill later in the year.