PDA

View Full Version : Green Canyon is good to go!

mtnbiker62
06-25-2011, 06:45 PM
I rode Green Canyon this morning, and it is good to go all the way to the wilderness area. There is a lot of water still coming down, so the creek crossings are deep and fast, but the trail is dry and really tacky. The new section of singletrack could use some more riders on it, but it is getting worn in quickly.

Sombeech
06-26-2011, 10:51 AM
This one is up north, right? I'd like to give this a try.

Is this where you park? (Green Arrow, better seen in Satellite Mode)

41.7691,-111.76919

neilether
06-26-2011, 02:27 PM
This one is up north, right? I'd like to give this a try.

Is this where you park? (Green Arrow, better seen in Satellite Mode)

Yes and Yes. Get it while the getting's good. I don't know that I have ever seen this much water in the crossings (7 of them...) and they add a cool element to the ride. They've done a fabulous job with trail and now it is 100% singletrack all the way to the wilderness boundary. There are very few trails that are as fun as this one, that require less work (without shuttling...). The climb is fairly mellow the whole way and then the descent is all smiles!

StudChild
07-01-2011, 12:24 AM
The climb is fairly mellow the whole way and then the descent is all smiles! :2thumbs:
I took this video Wednesday afternoon. I tried ridding through the river crossings, that did not go so great. Some kids where camping on the trail too, that was fun ridding through their camp. :lol8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u2DMJsh62U

neilether
07-01-2011, 07:26 AM
I also rode Wednesday afternoon. Imagine my surprise when I charged into one of those water crossings and my entire front wheel submarined under the water (comedy ensued as a result...). Those puppies are DEEP! That water is really trenching out the main channels.

live2ride
07-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Wow that trail looks sweet! WOuld love to ride it

Sombeech
07-01-2011, 04:45 PM
agreed, this looks awesome. @ how long of a drive up (time) the canyon is it from the middle of Logan City?

neilether
07-01-2011, 06:25 PM
agreed, this looks awesome. @ how long of a drive up (time) the canyon is it from the middle of Logan City?

It's actually not in Logan Canyon. It is the canyon north. 10 minute drive from the middle of the city. Trailhead is right on the outskirts of town.

mtnbiker62
07-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Go to the Forest Service office, then turn north. You go north and east (with a few zigs and zags in the houses) until you get on 1600 East. Go straight north until you get to 1900 North...that's Green Canyon. Turn east, and go till you get to the FS bathrooms. One note, the singletrack that leads out of the parking lot is closed to protect the group camp area. Ride up the road until you get to the creek crossing on your right, just past the group camping area...the first of several swim crossings! :)

Kokopelli
04-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Has anybody been up this trail yet this season? Conditions?

neilether
04-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Has anybody been up this trail yet this season? Conditions?

Just rode up there this morning. Overall the trail is in fantastic shape for this time of year. Halfway up when you get to the little roller coaster whoops through the stream bed, snow on the far side turned us onto the road. A quick 1/4 mile spin brought us to the next singletrack section (the one with the tight switchback). The singletrack was perfect in that section. When you cross the road for the last time you will see some patchy snow that is rideable. We turned around at the final creek crossing (about 1/4 mile from the top).

This weekend's weather may change things a bit, but overall it is way ahead of schedule!