PDA

View Full Version : Invite Weekday backpacking trips

reverse_dyno
06-23-2011, 08:57 AM
I recently moved to SLC and am looking for some people to do backpacking trips with during the week. I have been backpacking for about ten years, mountaineering and rock climbing for seven.

I prefer to hike at least 6 hours, but prefer +8 hour hiking days. Forest, desert, etc. I like all kinds of terrain.

Email me or send me a message on facebook id: markjmonroe

(bogley will not allow me to link to my facebook page! Says I have not posted enough)

DOSS
06-23-2011, 09:28 AM
I recently moved to SLC and am looking for some people to do backpacking trips with during the week. I have been backpacking for about ten years, mountaineering and rock climbing for seven.

I prefer to hike at least 6 hours, but prefer +8 hour hiking days. Forest, desert, etc. I like all kinds of terrain.

Email me or send me a message on facebook id: markjmonroe

(bogley will not allow me to link to my facebook page! Says I have not posted enough)

I may be interested.. what kind of distances are you putting in in 8 hours though over what terrain :)

reverse_dyno
06-27-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi Doss,

Depends how I good I feel that day:). Over the weekend I did 6 hours of off trail hiking (part on snow of course), and 1 hour trail hiking to get to a nice place to camp. Many times people like to take it easy and do 4 hour backpacking days on nice trails, not my thing. I like to backpack for the beauty and physical challenge of it. Hence I always pick the most challenging routes in backpacking guide books.

For long backpacking trips I drop the number of hours per day, I just tend to do a lot of overnighters, and I do not mind coming home dirt tired.

Mark