PDA

View Full Version : Help good mechanic's in salt lake

trackrunner
06-15-2011, 10:14 PM
anyone know a good mechanic in salt lake area.

Rear differential is going out on my jeep grand cherokee and needs to be rebuilt.

DOSS
06-16-2011, 05:31 AM
For gear setups I would either give Six states a call, or the rad jeeper (Brad).. Also Brandon at Despain Auto could probably take good care of you too.. Brandon is seriously honest and does great work..

skiclimb3287
06-16-2011, 06:53 AM
I have used Chuck's Service Center for years (It still is named Wayne's Service Center in Yahoo Local search - was bought from Wayne a few years back). It's on 2700 South and 1955E. It is a family run shop. Mike is the owner and his brother and son work with him. Really honest crew. I have a Jeep Cherokee as well (not Grand) and those guys know Jeeps...especially after dealing with mine :ne_nau: At times I have felt like I was undercharged there...amazing for a mechanic! :crazy:

Good luck!

Sombeech
06-16-2011, 11:07 AM
I've rebuilt my own Rear Diffy on my '93 Wrangler. Once you have the Ring and Pinion, it's not too tough if you want to give it a shot yourself. Do you know what the problem is? JP would probably know the right stuff too. :cool2:

JP
06-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Dana 35? When building Jeeps a lot of people throw out the 35 for a better axle. You might be able to get a complete Dana 35 for next to nothing. What's it doing, howling?

trackrunner
06-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Dana 35? When building Jeeps a lot of people throw out the 35 for a better axle. You might be able to get a complete Dana 35 for next to nothing. What's it doing, howling?

can't remember if it was a dana 35. the bearings, pinion, & can't remember if the case assy need to be replaced. there is a grinding sound.