06-12-2011, 06:51 PM
related:

http://www.joyoftech.com/joyoftech/joyimages/1552.jpg

Pelon1
06-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Oh thats funny, LOL

DiscGo
06-20-2011, 10:00 AM
That video was interesting. I thought I had already responded to it, but I enjoyed hearing about Steve Jobs calling Hewlett (or Packard whomever it was) right from the phone book and getting a job. It was an interesting story. It is crazy to me that a company like Apple would have to send Steve Jobs to the city council and work so hard to get approval to build a building on their own property.

I liked the part of the joy of tech cartoon with the particle accelerator.

Scott Card
06-22-2011, 04:48 PM
The City council is soooo falling all over themselves to schmooz Steve Jobs.... brother :facepalm1:. Pathetic really. Where were the real questions like protection of the citizens from wack job terrorists, traffic in and out that was spread out before in the HP campus but now consolidated? What about the 20% increase in traffic. That is not inconsequential. What about access of the citizens to the open space? What about....... Come on City Council, do your job.

Cool building though.

DiscGo
06-23-2011, 11:59 AM
I see your point Scott, but I can't even imagine a city in the world that was in favor of having business in their community not want the Apple head quarters.

If Apple wanted to build their main campus in Provo, I would hope that Apple could send one of their janitors and get Provo's approval and that it would not require a visit from Steve Jobs (especially while Steve Jobs is very sick and probably dying). Provo is not set to handle this type of increased traffic but for the increase in revenue that it should bring to the city, it seems like you'd do better to change the city's traffic layout rather than discouraging that type of opportunity.

Scott Card
06-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Don't get me wrong, I would want Apple in Mapleton. We have a really nice piece of dirt there just for Steve and Apple. :haha: However, my point is, having been on a Board of Adjustments and having sat in more than a few committee meetings and city meetings, the city council has a job to do for ALL the citizens. My only real point is that it was embarassing to watch how the elected officials acted. I am not saying challenge every little thing from Steve or be a jerk as clearly Apple holds most of the cards in this venture but the city officials should still do their job even if it is simply jumping through hoops. Now this was a preliminary plan presentation and the devil is in the details I recognize, but at least raise a couple of concerns that you may have raised with other business owners. It just seemed to me that the more the members of the city council opened their mouth, the less that Steve Jobs was impressed with them.

DiscGo
06-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Yeah, good call. I see your point and I agree with what you are saying.

accadacca
06-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Apple rules... :lol8: