PDA

View Full Version : Invite Weekly Morning Rides??

neilether
06-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Is anybody interested in hitting some quick rides in the morning before work? Something like a 6 am start time would work well for me. Anybody else??

live2ride
06-07-2011, 10:09 AM
i would be game, be an early rise but that would be sweet

accadacca
06-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Where at? What trails are you thinking?

neilether
06-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Where at? What trails are you thinking?

I dont' know the trails down here super well (especially in terms of a time commitment), so I will potentially defer to those that do. I was figuring we would meet at the trailhead at 6 and ride for 90 minutes or so. Mueller, Bobsled, Kimball Junction Stuff, Corner Canyon, Etc......Thoughts?

accadacca
06-08-2011, 08:52 AM
I am out in South Jordan and would be up for a ride in the AM, but it may be difficult because I start work at 8:30 AM. Where are you? 6 might work if the trails are close and I could shower at work that day. I would have to drive instead of ride my motorcycle that day...hatin' that. :haha:
Maybe we try to hit a certain day each week and make it a staple. Tuesday is for the night ride. What about Thursday mornings? :popcorn:

neilether
06-08-2011, 09:08 AM
I am out in South Jordan and would be up for a ride in the AM, but it may be difficult because I start work at 8:30 AM. Where are you? 6 might work if the trails are close and I could shower at work that day. I would have to drive instead of ride my motorcycle that day...hatin' that. :haha:
Maybe we try to hit a certain day each week and make it a staple. Tuesday is for the night ride. What about Thursday mornings? :popcorn:

I'm game. I work at Research Park. So they'd have to be fairly quick rides. If we can actually start at 6 (rather than the typical 20 minutes late for group rides....) that will help tremendously.

RedSpecialized
06-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I'd be up for some early morning short rides. I just rode muller sat. And it was GREAT!! A few spots were wet just before the rock. Same spots by stream cross overs that are always wet.

The only issue with the trail, which is not really an issue is the 100ft section you have walk where they are laying another pipeline.

sent from Samsung Epic 4g

accadacca
06-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I'd be up for some early morning short rides. I just rode muller sat. And it was GREAT!! A few spots were wet just before the rock. Same spots by stream cross overs that are always wet.

The only issue with the trail, which is not really an issue is the 100ft section you have walk where they are laying another pipeline.

sent from Samsung Epic 4g
Wow! I didn't think Mueller would be ready yet. We'll have to get that in the Tuesday night rotation.

Neilether, post up where you want to ride and we'll roll. Draper? I can ride tomorrow, but then not for 2 weeks.

live2ride
06-08-2011, 02:01 PM
I will be in, I have a little bit of flexibility with morning rides and live in Layton but work in S. SLC so as long as I know I can meet up and ride for a while and shower at work also.

neilether
06-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Neilether, post up where you want to ride and we'll roll. Draper? I can ride tomorrow, but then not for 2 weeks.

Draper should work for me. What would the plan be? Would we do a shuttle or a climb up Clark's or something like that?

accadacca
06-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Draper should work for me. What would the plan be? Would we do a shuttle or a climb up Clark's or something like that?
Shuttle. :haha: Should we meet at the pool at 6 AM?

That will give us enough time for the shuttle and to ride BST back to the pool.

neilether
06-08-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm in. you will have to play tour guide depending on which route down we take as I'm not super familiar with the area.

RedSpecialized
06-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Dang, I guess I'm probably out on this weeks ride, maybe next weeks. Draper is just to far that early in the morning for my lazy rear end :slobber:. I live in Bountiful and work in Centerville. I've never been to the Draper trails before and really want to check them out, but it would take me about 40 min. to get to the 123rd exit from my house. I wouldn't know how long it would take me from there. Are these the same trails you rode on tues? Maybe next weeks ride will be further north....?:mrgreen:

neilether
06-09-2011, 09:30 AM
accadacca sorry it didn't work out this morning. Unfortunately, I can't do it tomorrow morning as I have an early meeting.

accadacca
06-09-2011, 11:35 AM
@accadacca (http://www.bogley.com/forum/member.php?u=3) sorry it didn't work out this morning. Unfortunately, I can't do it tomorrow morning as I have an early meeting.
Yeah, dang. I had my bike loaded, clothes packed and ready to go. I usually ride pavement in the mornings a few days a week. If I get up a little earlier it would be great to hit a trail. The next two weeks are out for me, but I would like to start riding with you and whomever else wants to ride in the AM. We can mix it up on a variety of trails. You might be familiar with some other trails by then.

live2ride
06-09-2011, 01:45 PM
I am game for an early morning ride next week. If we can do some climbing for a worout that would be sweet also. What about next thursday or Monday??? Or whenever?

neilether
06-15-2011, 08:09 AM
I am unavailable this week for the early morning rides, but I am planning on picking this back up next week.

neilether
09-07-2011, 10:27 AM
I am back in SLC for a week or two. Anybody interested in doing an early morning ride?