PDA

View Full Version : Help Sling taken from Not Tierdrop Canyon on 6/3/11

summitseeker
06-07-2011, 06:59 AM
Hi All,

I am new to Bogely and would like some help.

I was doing Not Tierdrop Canyon in Arches NP on Friday 6/3/11 and left an 80' section of webbing on the ceder tree for the first rappel. I circled back around two hours later to retrive the webbing and it was gone. It had chainlinks attached, and included the date purchased and length written on the end.

If anyone one knows how I could arange getting this piece returned, it would most appreiciated. I would pay shipping. The piece cost around $45 and was an intricate part of my canyoneering setup.

Thanks for the help.

Iceaxe
06-07-2011, 11:10 AM
FWIW: If you intend to leave an item and pick it up latter attaching a small note stating "do not remove this item or we will die - June 7, 2011" will ensure your item will be there when you return.

Otherwise....... any item left in a canyon is considered trash and is removed by considerate canyoneers.

And Welcome to Bogley. :2thumbs:

moab mark
06-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi All,

I am new to Bogely and would like some help.

I was doing Not Tierdrop Canyon in Arches NP on Friday 6/3/11 and left an 80' section of webbing on the ceder tree for the first rappel. I circled back around two hours later to retrive the webbing and it was gone. It had chainlinks attached, and included the date purchased and length written on the end.

If anyone one knows how I could arange getting this piece returned, it would most appreiciated. I would pay shipping. The piece cost around $45 and was an intricate part of my canyoneering setup.

Thanks for the help.

That had to tick you off. Not only is your webbing gone but you had to climb up there to get it.:angryfire:

Iceaxe
06-07-2011, 12:21 PM
That had to tick you off. Not only is your webbing gone but you had to climb up there to get it.:angryfire:

And if you had of just waited at your car and drank a beer someone would have brought it all down to you. :lol8:

Brian in SLC
06-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Otherwise....... any item left in a canyon is considered trash and is removed by considerate canyoneers.

Yep. Leave a note. That way, at least folks will know.

Sorry to hear. That's a lot of sling to lose.

Scopulus
06-07-2011, 01:04 PM
And if you had of just waited at your car and drank a beer someone would have brought it all down to you. :lol8:

:haha: Probably correct.

Bummer to loose it when you planned to return. Guess I figure that's the cost of canyoneering. Still a pretty cheap hobby. I tell my wife it's much cheaper than snowmobiling. She figures I'm saving all kinds of money at that rate.

More seriously though...
You might call Desert Highlights in Moab. Guess they no longer guide this route but might be worth a call. They always say they save all the garbage they clean and will gladly return to owner if said owner can identify the stuff.

summitseeker
06-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys.

moab mark
06-07-2011, 05:48 PM
:haha: Probably correct.

Bummer to loose it when you planned to return. Guess I figure that's the cost of canyoneering. Still a pretty cheap hobby. I tell my wife it's much cheaper than snowmobiling. She figures I'm saving all kinds of money at that rate.

You and I should hang out, I use the same argument all the time with my wife. Today we were discussing the cost of a new YZF 450 I have been eying. She said just go hang from a rope. :2thumbs:

denaliguide
06-07-2011, 08:39 PM
She said just go hang from a rope. :2thumbs:

are you sure she meant on rappel? :haha:

Iceaxe
06-08-2011, 08:10 AM
I use the same argument all the time with my wife. Today we were discussing the cost of a new YZF 450 I have been eying. She said just go hang from a rope. :2thumbs: