PDA

View Full Version : News Introducing....

Scott Card
06-01-2011, 05:42 PM
DarkHorse Leadership!!! Started by Spidey and Clark (Steve Jackson and Clark Wiscomb). Check out the website.

http://darkhorseleadership.com/

These guys participate here on this forum and they of course know their stuff. They will do anything from training leaders, to guiding, to full on corporate retreats. I know they are working on the leadership curriculum as we speak for corporate retreats if anyone is adventurous enough to canyoneer rather than go to a hotel and sit in meetings and play golf. They will customize the trip to meet your needs from ultra high class to totally roughin' it. They will customize the retreat from guiding only to a full-on leadership course including presenting leadership strategies while in canyon and after the canyon(s).

Woot! Go Mapleton Boys! Good luck Clark and Spidey.

moab mark
06-02-2011, 07:08 AM
My buddy just took a class from them last weekend and was stoked about what he had learned and how they explained the concepts etc. He had no regrets.

Mark

Iceaxe
06-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Good Luck :2thumbs:

tanya
06-02-2011, 08:26 AM
:2thumbs:

Scott Card
06-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Hey Tanya, we may be calling you about your place in East Zion should the need arise with a corporate group. You are on the DarkHorse radar.:2thumbs::haha:

skiclimb3287
07-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Decided to buy the Groupon for the girlfriend and myself for the 3 hour introductory class. Figured she might listen to someone other than me better :ne_nau:. For the price, I was also sure that I could pick up an extra tip or two from Clark and Spidey.

Anyway, we finally took the class last night. Apparently Spidey had better things to do than hang out with us :cool2::lol8: so Clark was left to put up with 6 of us. Clark does an amazing job adapting the speed of the class to the crew he has. We had everything from a complete noob (never had done anything technical - climbing included) to me who has ~ 10 canyons under my belt. Everyone walked away feeling like they learned quite a bit. For my girlfriend, she now has a good basis for evaluating an anchor (learned EARNEST) and can also replace (and equalize for direction of pull) the webbing on a two bolt anchor. She also learned how to lock off her rappel device. As for myself, I walked away knowing how to rig with contingency. Clark was very thorough with everything he taught.

After taking that class, I am sure that all the courses they offer would be well taught and all the trips well led.

Another big thanks to Clark for the class and continued success with Darkhorse Leadership! :2thumbs: