PDA

View Full Version : How To Tutorial on how to smash your GoPro against a rock.

Deathcricket
05-27-2011, 08:03 AM
1. Install cool roll bar clamp and go for awesome view, so you can be half as cool as Beech. Under the wheel and a little off to the side is ideal.
2. Attempt the hardest part of Sidewinder on your Tuesday bike ride (Top section of micro-loop, next to the cliff). Hesitate at top trying to decide proper line to take because you crashed there last time. Analyze situation.
3. Realize as you drop 1 foot with a 90 degree angle that you are not going to make it and place feet on adjacent boulders.
4. Lose control of bike and let it slam into rock.
5. Post video for lol's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjqZYHCbNo

I do like the angle though. Good thing it's so cheap to fix. $15 for 2 pairs of replacement lenses. So no too worried about that. Another interesting thing to see is this angle captures a weird sound anytime bike tire leaves the ground. Skip to like 2:00 min mark if you're in a hurry. I'm not sure how to incorporate this into a video, but I friggin love the sound it makes. So that was an interesting discovery.
:2thumbs:

Sombeech
05-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Oh dang. :lol8: Yeah I hear ya. I had my camera mounted to my trekking pole, my boy was bugging me to let him hold it. I finally let him and within 10 seconds he's using the camera as a hammer to smash some rocks. Guess what the point of contact was - the lens cover.

Fortunately it wasn't too bad of a scratch, I was able to film a few more with it. But I finally did get the replacement lens covers, and fortunately you get two for @ $15
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VPDK7M/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bogloutdcomm-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399353&creativeASIN=B002VPDK7M

guaps
05-27-2011, 10:40 AM
I love that it took you about 4 seconds to get over it. You wiped the lens, straightened the camera, and rode on. No whining, crying, or complaining.

I love the image of the GoPro hammer. Awesome. I got home from work yesterday and my son was using my camera as a car, rubbing it back and forth on the desk. I calmly traded him my camera for Hotwheels car.

Deathcricket
05-27-2011, 12:58 PM
I love that it took you about 4 seconds to get over it. You wiped the lens, straightened the camera, and rode on. No whining, crying, or complaining.

Too funny! Reminds me of another related story. So I went out on Thurs sans camera, and what do I run into on the trail? A horned lizard which I have not seen one in like 2-3 years. I was really bummed at that point I didn't have my camera to get pictures of the dude. That was actually the worst part of this whole episode! He was awesome looking and a decent size. I was even so desperate for a second I considered putting him in my backpack and catching up with my buddy who did have a camera. But that would not have been kind. UGH! He looked just like this one, I swear.

:cry1:

live2ride
06-01-2011, 10:12 AM
I like the video angle with the lefty, you get to see the entire side of the tire without the view of a shock. That noise reminds me of those cars that have the little plastic tooth zip strip to get them going. I like the video!