PDA

View Full Version : How has the rain affected your outdoor plans so far?

live2ride
05-24-2011, 06:58 AM
First off for me all of this rain has made me stay on the road bike way more than I would like, camping is out of the picture since most places that I usually go camping this time of year are under water up by causey or they are still under snow. I was hoping to take the lake this weekend but the futurecast looks like the rain may persist, I can't wait for this pattern that we are in to end! I guess it may have been a good year to get into whitewater rafting but the rivers sure are flowing fast! One last thing is that I have picked up this late season cold that is kicking my butt, anyone else been having some change of plans latelty due to the weather?

Shan
05-24-2011, 08:53 AM
My Desolation Canyon trip was postponed, and I haven't been mountain biking yet!

live2ride
05-24-2011, 09:51 AM
same here with MTN biking for me, always raining when it fits into my schedule

Dr. Nebz
05-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Nope, Escalante was dry, the times I have hiked the foothills in the Wasatch have not been too muddy, and of course it keeps putting powder up at the Bird. I'll put it to you this way, I was born and raised in the PNW and I worked in Denali. If you want to go on a hike, you best be prepared for rain. Because likely you will have some. I find these showers here in Utah to be more than tolerable. Of course I like me some bluebird days too. :nod:

accadacca
05-24-2011, 10:04 AM
I haven't been able to go mountain biking on any SLC area trails yet. Hopefully that will change starting next week! :cool2:

Tuesday Rides in SLC (http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?55181-Tuesday-Rides-in-SLC&p=456154)