PDA

View Full Version : BYU Football 2011

accadacca
05-15-2011, 06:26 PM
I just started looking and schedules and doing some planning. Boy does BYU's schedule look exciting! I bet the season ticket holders are stoked! :lol8:

Utah
UCF (Central Florida)
Utah State
San Jose State
Idaho State
Idaho
New Mexico State

accadacca
05-15-2011, 06:37 PM
By contrast, here is Utah's. Not a stellar home schedule, but WAY better then the kitties IMHO.

Montana State
Washington
Arizona State
Oregon State
UCLA
Colorado

Garbanzo
05-15-2011, 09:52 PM
By contrast, here is Utah's. Not a stellar home schedule, but WAY better then the kitties IMHO.

Montana State
Washington
Arizona State
Oregon State
UCLA
Colorado

Utah's road schedule is even tougher. At least they'll have a win going into the Coliseum. They're gonna need something!! FIght On!!!

Kent K25
05-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Classy way to start a thread. Typical Yewt.

accadacca
05-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Classy way to start a thread. Typical Yewt.
Is that all you got? I am only listing the facts. That home schedule stinks...no?

A BYU season ticket holder (in touch with reality) would not be happy paying for those tickets. That's all I am saying.

Iceaxe
05-16-2011, 08:02 AM
BYU knew going into the deal that their 2011 & 2012 schedules would suck.... they are hoping a little suffering now pays off down the road.

Kent K25
05-16-2011, 11:33 AM
My point is...you're not a fan. So why start the thread at all, let alone by crapping on the Cougs...yes the schedule sucks but leave it to a BYU fan to start an official thread if/when we have something worth starting it for.

chromehead58
05-16-2011, 12:06 PM
I agree with you the home schedule is not all that great..however if you look at the three and six years deals being cut..wow..ute fans play in the pac 12..how many times did pac 10 beat moutain west last year...oh yea 0...look long term..ol miss...texas....norte dame....not to mention deals with utah which is always a good game.
In all reality the only thing the pac12 will have going for it is the fact that it is a bcs conference....other than that football in the pac conference is not all that great-------

Scott Card
05-16-2011, 12:27 PM
With BYU's schedule, we qualify to join the SEC with all their patty-cake home games.... :haha:

accadacca
05-16-2011, 02:51 PM
My point is...you're not a fan. So why start the thread at all, let alone by crapping on the Cougs...yes the schedule sucks but leave it to a BYU fan to start an official thread if/when we have something worth starting it for.
It's a free country and that's what classless Ute fans do when we're not pouring beer on BYU fans. :lol8:

Iceaxe
05-16-2011, 05:03 PM
My question is.... why are BYU fans always whinning about something.....

Scott Card
05-16-2011, 09:49 PM
I am not whining. I am very happy to be rid of the MWC and be independent. Even with the lousy home schedule this year we make a bunch more money than being tied to the MWC.

accadacca
08-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Football: BYU will play host to Weber State in 2012: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/52422161-65/state-byu-football-weber.html.csp

Where are the pom poms? :naughty:

Scott Card
08-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Yep, as predicted, the first two-three years will be tough for scheduling home games.

And my pom poms are neatly stored for 13 more days. :fitz::haha:

Kent K25
08-21-2011, 05:13 PM
As a Cougar fan I love how Deseret news went out of its way to point out that neither BYU or Utah made the AP Top 25 a few days ago...did we really need a front page (website) listing telling me the Cougars weren't top 25?

moffer
08-21-2011, 06:51 PM
we make a bunch more money than being tied to the MWC.

Too bad that is all college football is concerned about anymore...

accadacca
08-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Too bad that is all college football is concerned about anymore...
I agree. As a fan my primary concern is the product on the field, not the money. If money helps the product on the field then so be it. In BYU's case...the jury is out. The schedule so far doesn't get my gears turning. So they slaughter a bunch of near community college level teams...so what.

If I were a BYU season ticket holder I would be pissed. The schedule would have to get much better quickly for me to throw my hard earned money in their direction.

Iceaxe
09-11-2011, 09:00 AM
The big problem with independance...... BYU now gets to start preparing for the Armed Forces Bowl.... YAWN....

accadacca
09-13-2011, 06:53 AM
Anybody else catch this one on ESPN? "Roscoe Mendenhall"

Nice "partnership" with ESPN. :lol8:

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/804752/2011-September-10-19-15-50.jpg

live2ride
09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Nice, I almost like ROSCOE better than Bronco...Very good job ESPN...Roscoe and his band of brothers....

Iceaxe
09-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Nice of ol' Roscoe to get all dressed up for a national TV audiance....

I don't expect a suit and tie, but jesus.... at least look professional and dump the ratty old t-shirt.

Dress for success....

live2ride
09-13-2011, 12:56 PM
he had his shirt tucked in, that is dressed up for Roscoe.....

accadacca
09-13-2011, 01:48 PM
"Go get dem Ute Boys!"

Tom "Boss Hogg" Holmoe

Scott Card
09-13-2011, 08:54 PM
:lol8:

Kent K25
09-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Nice of ol' Roscoe to get all dressed up for a national TV audiance....

I don't expect a suit and tie, but jesus.... at least look professional and dump the ratty old t-shirt.

Dress for success....

I would guess that "ratty old t-shirt" was brand new. I do understand the call for something dressier but say more power to him. Collared shirts suck.

Iceaxe
09-16-2011, 08:19 AM
While I have never coached football at anywhere near the level of Roscoe.... I have coached HS and youth football, and I expect all my coaches to be dressed in the same shirt and cap. My reasoning is a football sideline is a very crowed place with constant frantic activity, and I want my players to be able to find their coaches and talk with them ASAP. Unless you have actually been a part of a football sideline you have no clue how fast things have to happen, getting the play in, getting the personal in, making adjustments, every second is important.

live2ride
09-16-2011, 09:49 AM
They should be in Mankinis. They would always stick out of the crowd.

Kent K25
09-16-2011, 12:40 PM
While I have never coached football at anywhere near the level of Roscoe.... I have coached HS and youth football, and I expect all my coaches to be dressed in the same shirt and cap. My reasoning is a football sideline is a very crowed place with constant frantic activity, and I want my players to be able to find their coaches and talk with them ASAP. Unless you have actually been a part of a football sideline you have no clue how fast things have to happen, getting the play in, getting the personal in, making adjustments, every second is important.

I don't disagree with this at all...I haven't coached football but have run the chain gang and it's amazing to me how many substitution problems there are and you never know who isn't paying attention...my guess is mainly the kids. I'm pretty sure at the collegiate level they've got it worked out. While it may vary from team to team they've probably taken care of it like you suggested...same clothing...or another way we don't know of. I still don't see how that relates to him wearing a T-Shirt though. I thought you were referring more to him being underdressed...not to whether or not he was matching his other coaches?

Iceaxe
09-16-2011, 12:55 PM
I still don't see how that relates to him wearing a T-Shirt though. I thought you were referring more to him being underdressed...not to whether or not he was matching his other coaches?

Let's just say I thought the t-shirt was very un-professional on many different levels....

One thing I've noticed about football is the same problems exist no matter the level.... we always laugh when a pro jumps off sides.... the player has had it drilled into him since pee-wee's that you watch the ball and don't listen to the snap count.... but do you think they ever learn.... I'm sure everytime a pro jumps off-sides there is a pee-wee coach, high school coach and collage coach somewhere all saying the same thing.... "I told him not to do that." :lol8:

CarpeyBiggs
09-16-2011, 01:06 PM
you probably love belichick, eh? :crazycobasa:

Iceaxe
09-16-2011, 03:28 PM
you probably love belichick, eh? :crazycobasa:

He might be a good coach..... but he doesn't have a lot of class.... YMMV

Kent K25
09-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Let's just say I thought the t-shirt was very un-professional on many different levels....

One thing I've noticed about football is the same problems exist no matter the level.... we always laugh when a pro jumps off sides.... the player has had it drilled into him since pee-wee's that you watch the ball and don't listen to the snap count.... but do you think they ever learn.... I'm sure everytime a pro jumps off-sides there is a pee-wee coach, high school coach and collage coach somewhere all saying the same thing.... "I told him not to do that." :lol8:

I have no problem with Bronco in the T-shirt but certainly can't argue with it being less professional than what the vast majority of College coaches wear.

accadacca
09-16-2011, 08:17 PM

Iceaxe
09-19-2011, 07:35 AM
Utate State has to be licking their chops right about now....

Scott Card
09-19-2011, 09:36 AM
The test of a good coach is not how he coaches in the good times, it is what he can do in the rough patches. Bronco is a very, very good motivator. So we will see what he can do this week. Central Florida isn't a pushover and it is now a short week with a Friday game. He has his work cut out for him. We shall see......

Scott Card
09-19-2011, 09:37 AM
As for Utah State, I'd be licking my chops if I were them too. BYU seems to be a head case so far this season.

accadacca
09-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah I didn't know that LDS Business College had a football team. :lol8:

Scott Card
09-19-2011, 01:15 PM
BYU could have used a few cut-throat businessmen on Saturday.

GO COUGARS!!!!!

Iceaxe
09-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Tonight I'm a Utah State fan..... Go Aggies!!! :popcorn:

JONBOYLEMON
09-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Tonight I'm a Utah State fan..... Go Aggies!!! :popcorn:

Ummm, sorry bout that.

The last thing I care about is sports, but when a friend tells me I am going to the game and hes driving, well why not.

What a terrible game!!!!! It was a contest of who could suck worse!!!!! The Aggies won that part.

CarpeyBiggs
10-01-2011, 08:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weS8U5zLXHs&feature=player_embedded#!

accadacca
10-01-2011, 09:05 AM
That's awesome! :lol8:

Iceaxe
10-01-2011, 01:51 PM
I feel for Utah State... so close, yet so far away........

And as for BYU... Jake Heaps throws a pretty football.... But Riley Nielson wins football games... there should be NO QB controversy. Neilson would be my QB until the offense stops rolling.

Spidey
10-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I feel for Utah State... so close, yet so far away........

And as for BYU... Jake Heaps throws a pretty football.... But Riley Nielson wins football games... there should be NO QB controversy. Neilson would be my QB until the offense stops rolling.

X2