PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Headless Hen

ghawk
05-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Went through Headless Hen yesterday and had a good time. We had planned on doing Raven afterwards but some of the potholes took longer than we had anticipated. It was our first really big pothole type of canyon so we had some fun rigging stuff. We had wetsuits but they were not necessary. We took them off after the first little bit. Maybe shorties would be a good idea to bring along because one of the harder pothole exits is out of a chest deep pool that is a little chilly. It didn't have a good lip on the other side to use our potshots on, so we used a combination of potshots piled up and partner assist. Most of the potholes were fairly dry though and some were pretty deep, up to 15 feet I think. Great Canyon though. We'll try to get some pictures up soon.

ghawk
05-15-2011, 10:02 PM
here are a few pics. The ones of the tougher pothole section are mostly on Anthony's camera and I'll put up a few later when I get those from him. At the end there are a few from Coyote gulch where we dinked around in the slot there for a bit.

ilipichicuma
05-15-2011, 11:23 PM
Tom should note that I remembered my helmet this time. :)

ratagonia
05-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Tom should note that I remembered my helmet this time. :)

Excellent! So Noted! Thank you. Nice Pics, looks like a good time had by all!

accadacca
05-16-2011, 03:42 PM
The hard hat rules! I gotta have one! :nod: