PDA

View Full Version : Ogden Valley BW

apcronnelly
05-14-2011, 10:17 PM
I haven't tried much BW photography but tonight the light was pretty flat so I took the pic with BW in mind. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! ( Didn't realize how underexposed the first BW I posted was. Must have been the Evolution during processing)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/mountana/MtOgdenBW-1.jpg

I made it back out this morning and had better luck with the light.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/mountana/SunriseonSnowbasinfromOgdenValley.jpg

gnwatts
05-14-2011, 10:56 PM
nice

jbdavies
05-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Nice shot.

And... awesome website. You have a lot of amazing photos there. On that note... I personally wouldn't have this BW as your first shot. As it's good... it is definitely not one of your best. And, as we all know, first impressions are everything. ;) Haha. Now, if your slideshow is on random... well, then never mind. :mrgreen:

Beautiful shots though, seriously. I'm jealous. :cool2:

apcronnelly
05-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Thanks Jeremy! I actually don't know what to do with it, it's pretty random to have ONE black and white picture. I'll probably just keep my eyes open for better conditions and go back for a color shot.

I do appreciate your comment, you make a good point.

ibenick
05-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Very calming shot. And x2 on your photos in general kicking ass. Very impressive.

jbdavies
05-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks Jeremy! I actually don't know what to do with it, it's pretty random to have ONE black and white picture. I'll probably just keep my eyes open for better conditions and go back for a color shot.

I do appreciate your comment, you make a good point.
That's true. Could you maybe randomly convert one of your other shots to BW... so you'd have two? Haha

apcronnelly
05-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Very calming shot. And x2 on your photos in general kicking ass. Very impressive.

Thanks, the standard in this forum has been set pretty high by the likes of you, Dan, Bill and others. It's nice to contribute every now and again.