PDA

View Full Version : News Sandthrax updates.

forum8fox
05-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Just made my 4th trip through the canyon, don't think anyone has been through since those guys spent the night and left all of their webbing. Penny, nathan and I cleaned out the webbing we could get to, but there is still some back in the crux OW that we couldn't get to. Next person through ought to bring a hook and go fishing because it's out of reach. Penny made the first female decent of the canyon to our knowledge. It took us about 5 hours going down and then I proceeded to go back up in just under 3 hours. I think I'm the first to go both down and up the canyon, I'm pretty sure of it.

This time I soloed the crux up high with out ever going down and into the OW crack. We had a rim crew and our gear wasn't there yet, I had heard it could be done another way and I was antsy so I went for it. Lots of video was shot which I'm working or uploading but I'm camped out all summer so it might take a little bit. There is water in the upper section of the canyon, waist to mid chest depth. Couldn't repeat the moves I did before on the way back up the upper canyon but got close...

mrbrejcha
05-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the clean up Jason! Nice work Penny; glad the trip came together for you!

ratagonia
05-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the clean up Jason! Nice work Penny; glad the trip came together for you!

:2thumbs:

Jaxx
05-11-2011, 10:13 AM
:hail2thechief:

shaggy125
05-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Congrats Penny! I know she's wanted to do it for a while. Sorry I wasn't able to be there. :(

forum8fox
05-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Well I have 7 videos posted up on you-tube now, I think about 5 more to go, all in raw format, no editing. just search sandthrax and they should pop up.