PDA

View Full Version : Pile of Gear!!!!

moab mark
05-05-2011, 04:05 PM
I am getting ready to go on a week long adventure and was sorting thru my gear and thought you guys might get a laugh out of this picture. My wife walked out in the garage and asked when I had bought all of it.:angryfire: I said honey it is cheap compared to Motorcycles and Snowmobiles, she just went back in the house.

jman
05-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Haha, I count 9 helmets and 2.3 million carabiners.

Oh, and I see your Walmart neoprene shorts you bought too. Haha

accadacca
05-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Good hell! THAT is a pile of stuff for Zions and stuffs. :haha:

Scott Card
05-05-2011, 09:45 PM
I usually sort my stuff when my wife is out of town. You'll wise up grasshopper. :haha:

ratagonia
05-05-2011, 11:05 PM
I am getting ready to go on a week long adventure and was sorting thru my gear and thought you guys might get a laugh out of this picture. My wife walked out in the garage and asked when I had bought all of it.:angryfire: I said honey it is cheap compared to Motorcycles and Snowmobiles, she just went back in the house.

Did you show her your three "Customer of the Month" awards from Imlay Canyon Gear???

T :moses:

moab mark
05-06-2011, 04:49 AM
She doesn't know ANYTHING about YOU and I plan on keeping it that way. Thanks for the awards, we will try them out at Powell the first part of the week.

Iceaxe
05-06-2011, 07:01 AM
As you are, I once was... as I am you will one day be....

I can fit my entire family of 4's canyoneering gear into one large gear bag.... and a second gear bag filled with ropes. The bags are always packed and ready to roll.

At one time I had an entire bedroom filled with technical gear... it now all fits in a small closet.

As I've told many of you before and few of you really understand.... my goal is to eliminate gear, and not add more.

Redpb
05-06-2011, 07:21 AM
As I've told many of you before and few of you really understand.... my goal is to eliminate gear, and not add more.

Yeah Mark, you really need to unload some of that gear. I can help you with that problem of yours! :nod:

Don
05-06-2011, 07:23 AM
She doesn't know ANYTHING about YOU and I plan on keeping it that way...

:roflol:

nelsonccc
05-06-2011, 08:56 AM
What's with all the helmets? Gear whore. I used to have tons of gear but I found I only used the same few peices over and over again. Now I have on old haul bag that I use to lug everything around in.

Iceaxe
05-06-2011, 12:23 PM
What's with all the helmets? Gear whore. I used to have tons of gear but I found I only used the same few peices over and over again. Now I have on old haul bag that I use to lug everything around in.

Welcome to my chruch.... please take a seat with the choir. :lol8:

moab mark
05-06-2011, 01:27 PM
When I first got into Canyoneering I was only doing it as a side activity while playing in Moab. I ran into a problem that I was always there with multiple families who had never heard of canyoneering or even seen a harness and two they were never the same families. This was really hampering MY ability to have fun so I decided that I was going to need to spend some coin so I could keep playing. It is hard to say hey you sit in the motel we will be back. Or it's $175 per day for the jeep and I need you to spend $500 to get gear to go hiking. So I now have about 20 sets, it has been a great investment. Next to probably a guide or instructor I have probably seen more people go over the edge for the first time, I have heard women who are pure enough to be translated swear like sailors, it has been worth every penny. This has also allowed me to take Young Mens groups etc. But I am a little short on helmets so if any of you would like to donate a few I would appreciate it.

Moab1

tylerhirshfeld
05-06-2011, 08:43 PM
What was your wife thinking entering the man cave in the first place. :nono:

spinesnaper
05-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Geesh, come on man, following the rules keeps everyone safe: Always, always reset your browser and never, never let your wife see you sort climbing gear!:haha:

Iceaxe
06-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Step into my world.... here is my gear pile for my family of 4 doing three days of technical canyons.

And for the record, everyones canyoneering shoes are currently in the top of their pack. The shoes are replaced with food and water for the day at the trailhead. Each pack contains a wetsuit, tech gear and group gear. The bright red bag is not usually part of the equipment as it contains some loner wetsuits for a friend and his family. The dark red bag is spare climbing gear and rope to replace anything we lose or destroy on the trip.