PDA

View Full Version : Help Mother's Day Gift ideas?

Sombeech
05-05-2011, 01:26 PM
help me, bogley. What should I get her?

Jewelry, Flowers, blah blah blah. Anything interesting/cool/original?

oldno7
05-05-2011, 01:44 PM
guns, fishfinder, surfboard, mtn. bike, sexy damm lingerie , stripper pole, atv, jetski, boat, still thinking.............................

nelsonccc
05-05-2011, 01:47 PM
lingerie. Maybe some adult oriented toys. An iron?

blueeyes
05-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Brilliant idea oldno 7! Beech get her a mountain bike you know the classic gift from your guy.... something they want for themselves but get for you. See then you have your new mountain bike! :lol8:

oldno7
05-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Brilliant idea oldno 7! Beech get her a mountain bike you know the classic gift from your guy.... something they want for themselves but get for you. See then you have your new mountain bike! :lol8:

This sounds very reasonable..

oldno7
05-05-2011, 03:17 PM
It's very clear--the overwhelming majority here(66.66%) say--lingerie--

There you have it.

accadacca
05-05-2011, 08:30 PM
I bought my wife an Apple TV recently... :ne_nau: :haha:

Perhaps a day at the spa is in order this time. :mrgreen:

Scott Card
05-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Take a day off and send her away to do what ever she wants. Take care of the kids, do the cleaning, etc. Seems to be a favorite gift of my wife. Best thing, no shopping involved!

Dr. Nebz
05-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Take a day off and send her away to do what ever she wants. Take care of the kids, do the cleaning, etc. Seems to be a favorite gift of my wife. Best thing, no shopping involved!

Yeah, I like that approach. Hit em' where it really gets em'. ^^^That my friends is the quick and easy way to earn bonus points, and those come in handy in a relationship.

If it is your Mom (Like mine for example), doing something for Mothers Day just gets you out of the dog house for all the shit you did when you were younger for a very short period of time. :naughty:

Iceaxe
05-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Roofies

Sombeech
05-06-2011, 06:51 AM
I'm trying to get some hints from her, it sounds like she wants some running stuff, like a belt that holds water. I don't know what she's talking about really because I don't run and I don't drink water anymore. :haha:

Jaxx
05-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Cash to go on a girls date to the mall with a friend and shop for herself. Chicks love to shop for some reason. You watch the kids she gets to shop without them.

The best Mother's Day gifts do not include the chitlins. :roflol:

Deuce
05-06-2011, 08:03 AM
I'm trying to get some hints from her, it sounds like she wants some running stuff, like a belt that holds water. I don't know what she's talking about really because I don't run and I don't drink water anymore. :haha:

My wife went this route, Amphipod... http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-ARLA21.html She is happy with it, though I am not sure if the other options out there are better/worse.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-hydration.html

Iceaxe
05-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Yo beech... you buying for your mom or your wife?

Sombeech
05-06-2011, 10:27 AM
oops, my wife. but Mother's Day is a big thing for her. I've got my mom covered. Shoulda mentioned that.

oldno7
05-06-2011, 10:41 AM
I'd like to make it perfectly clear--I was not recommending lingerie for your mom:lol8:

accadacca
05-06-2011, 11:05 AM
I'd like to make it perfectly clear--I was not recommending lingerie for your mom:lol8:
:lol8:

I had a friend tell me that was grabbing a new spatula set from Target. :roflol:

nelsonccc
05-06-2011, 11:11 AM

I was. But then again I know her real well.....Oh snap! Too much?

Skylinerider
05-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Bogley bigshot lifetime membership? I think you may have a hook up.

JP
05-06-2011, 12:12 PM
There's always the Vermont Teddy Bear :2thumbs: More to choose from. Also check out the home page.

http://www.vermontteddybear.com/Category/Mothers-Day-Gifts.aspx

BruteForce
05-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I just assumed liability for my Mom's cell phone service and then upgraded her phone and had it shipped 2day FEDEX. She was paying $50/month and it will only cost me $10/month.

Rented mule
05-08-2011, 11:24 AM
http://www.sanfranciscomusicbox.com/

Music boxes for mum or wifie or girlfriend.

San Francisco Music box co. is a sure fire, classy way to not only give her a gift?

But it soon becomes a family heirloom, too. Do you know how many women want their
grandma's olde music/jewelry box? I've seen three daughters almost come to blows over it.

Get her a music box. Maybe for a birthday?

Too late, this year.....Happy Mother's Day!! Ahhh....moms.......

Sombeech
05-08-2011, 11:52 AM
I ended up getting my wife this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NHLHFW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bogloutdcomm-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B000NHLHFW

And my mom some tickets to Les Miserables

accadacca
05-08-2011, 12:11 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6cd0921-eb15-3205.jpg

My wife's gifts:

A Dozen Roses
Chocolate covered strawberries
1 1/2 hour massage

:2thumbs:

blueeyes
05-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Being a single mother, usually Mothers Day comes and goes with out any big fan fair. It is really hard for kids to buy mothers day presents with mom present. However this year the kids went grocery shopping with a separate cart while I did the regular shopping, they borrowed my debit card to pay for it while I stayed back and could not see what they bought. Last night they spent the night outside and stayed awake until 2AM laughing and carrying on, out of self defense I finally put ear plugs in.:lol8: I was pretty sure this morning they would forget about breakfast and sleep in. At 8:30AM I was rudely awaken by a remote control car hitting my bedroom door at full speed. SCARED the sheeet out of me :roflol::roflol:. They had cooked bacon, scrambled eggs, vanilla pudding with peanut M&M's, and hazelnut coffee topped with whip cream and chocolate chips. I received two mothers day cards. One from my son that was very heart felt, simple and tugged at the heart strings. The other card as I opened it was an adorable puppy with a flower in its mouth that read "Happy Mother's Day from the dog....you know the short, hairy kid, with a tail." We have no dog, this was from the clever kid that THINKS she is going to get a dog. This girl throws a hint every chance she can get that she wants a dog even on mothers day! :haha: After eating my breakfast in bed we grabbed our water bags, grabbed a bite to eat from Harmon's and went for a hike. It is the first hike we have been on that neither of the kids complained the ENTIRE hike!!!!! WOW what an amazing present for me. 3:30 hour hike not ONE complaint. BEST MOTHERS DAY EVER!!! I didn't plan any of it, they did it on there own. Absolute gorgeous hike with lots of flowers that we took pictures of.

greyhair biker
05-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Saturday - quick trip to Vernal, lunch at Gandolfos, home again & out to dinner at her favorite place followed by the new 'Thor' movie. Today - after church - I started grilling. Chicken, steamed veggies, grilled pineapple.....yumyum. AND, she didnt have to do dishes:haha:

Scott Card
05-09-2011, 10:36 AM
My/her day. I made her an omlet and sausage for a breakfast in bed. I was then off to meetings and church. After chruch I rounded up the kids to straighten our home and then we exchanged some presents. I prepared some salmon (marinade) for grilling. Went to the inlaws and then came home and I grilled the salmon and made shrimp thai fresh rolls for dinner.

Just a note for the chefs out there: The Walmart salmon and shrimp are pretty lousy. I didn't have a chance to get the good stuff and it showed in the final product. Oh well.

accadacca
05-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Being a single mother, usually Mothers Day comes and goes with out any big fan fair. It is really hard for kids to buy mothers day presents with mom present. However this year the kids went grocery shopping with a separate cart while I did the regular shopping, they borrowed my debit card to pay for it while I stayed back and could not see what they bought. Last night they spent the night outside and stayed awake until 2AM laughing and carrying on, out of self defense I finally put ear plugs in.:lol8: I was pretty sure this morning they would forget about breakfast and sleep in. At 8:30AM I was rudely awaken by a remote control car hitting my bedroom door at full speed. SCARED the sheeet out of me :roflol::roflol:. They had cooked bacon, scrambled eggs, vanilla pudding with peanut M&M's, and hazelnut coffee topped with whip cream and chocolate chips. I received two mothers day cards. One from my son that was very heart felt, simple and tugged at the heart strings. The other card as I opened it was an adorable puppy with a flower in its mouth that read "Happy Mother's Day from the dog....you know the short, hairy kid, with a tail." We have no dog, this was from the clever kid that THINKS she is going to get a dog. This girl throws a hint every chance she can get that she wants a dog even on mothers day! :haha: After eating my breakfast in bed we grabbed our water bags, grabbed a bite to eat from Harmon's and went for a hike. It is the first hike we have been on that neither of the kids complained the ENTIRE hike!!!!! WOW what an amazing present for me. 3:30 hour hike not ONE complaint. BEST MOTHERS DAY EVER!!! I didn't plan any of it, they did it on there own. Absolute gorgeous hike with lots of flowers that we took pictures of.
That is really cool. Your kids seem like they are really maturing. It might be just my perception? :ne_nau: You still might want to smack them silly sometimes. :haha:

I hadn't been around them much since you moved away and only a few times anyway. Your boy seems like he is really growing up and in a good way. It sounds/looks like you are winning as a mother. :2thumbs:

blueeyes
05-09-2011, 06:34 PM
That is really cool. Your kids seem like they are really maturing. It might be just my perception? :ne_nau: You still might want to smack them silly sometimes. :haha:

I hadn't been around them much since you moved away and only a few times anyway. Your boy seems like he is really growing up and in a good way. It sounds/looks like you are winning as a mother. :2thumbs:

Thanks Scott!

I have not had a rougher year since Tyler passed 7 years ago. This move has been brutal in many ways but I can say all the trouble has been worth every ounce of growth I have seen in him. He has been my rock through all of it! New job, two moves, new house and much more. When I wanted to quit, tuck tail and run back to Ogden HE put his foot down and said go if you want I am staying here. :haha: In school he went from 1.3 grade average to over 3.0 this year...every quarter. I still have to smack him silly now and again after all he is 14 (15 in July.... car...:eek2:.. that is killing me to have a kid driving it must mean I am getting old!!!). All I can say as a mom this age is probably the most frustrating but at the same time the most rewarding when you see the love and persistence pay off. In my opinion (and really it is the only one that counts :nod:) I have the best two kids that ever existed!

dbaxter
05-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks Scott!

I have not had a rougher year since Tyler passed 7 years ago. This move has been brutal in many ways but I can say all the trouble has been worth every ounce of growth I have seen in him. He has been my rock through all of it! New job, two moves, new house and much more. When I wanted to quit, tuck tail and run back to Ogden HE put his foot down and said go if you want I am staying here. :haha: In school he went from 1.3 grade average to over 3.0 this year...every quarter. I still have to smack him silly now and again after all he is 14 (15 in July.... car...:eek2:.. that is killing me to have a kid driving it must mean I am getting old!!!). All I can say as a mom this age is probably the most frustrating but at the same time the most rewarding when you see the love and persistence pay off. In my opinion (and really it is the only one that counts :nod:) I have the best two kids that ever existed!

Very sorry to hear you've had such a rough time here Chere'. I feel bad I didn't know. But it sounds like things are turning around? Happy to hear he's doing well, though. Hope things just keep getting better for ya :nod:

If you're getting old becasue he's going to drive soon, I'm ancient...:cry1: