PDA

View Full Version : mini canyons near wolverine/LDH

yetigonecrazy
05-03-2011, 12:04 PM
hello, new to here, not to the sport....

driving by on the wolverine/ldh loop road this weekend i couldnt help but notice the roadside slot in the shinarump a couple miles beyond the wolverine TH, right near the petrified wood area. wanted to get in them but lots of water and cool temps prevented me. anybody ever been in these, whats the scoop, boring, fun, good for the family? thanks a bunch

yetigonecrazy
09-15-2011, 01:40 AM

finally got around to vomiting the bajillion images from my camera to my computer

yetigonecrazy
09-15-2011, 01:57 AM

heres a shot from above......like, WAY above. like, space station above.

i have a hard time believing that no one on this forum has been in, or at least heard of someone being in these. the one pictured is literally 50 feet from the road. i know theyre shallow, and i know they arent long. but still.....really??

CarpeyBiggs
09-15-2011, 07:13 AM
yep, people have been in them. i don't know if there are any rappels or not, but i've never seen water in them. looks pretty cool. i sent out a similar inquiry a couple years ago. the response was "short, shallow, not that interesting..."

so i never went and checked them out. perhaps someone else has actually done them on here though. :ne_nau:

CarpeyBiggs
09-15-2011, 07:15 AM
i also recall finding a handful of images on flickr, but i don't remember how i found them... sorry i'm not a ton of help.

yetigonecrazy
09-15-2011, 08:08 AM
no worries! youve been helpful already

i wasnt asking "really??" because i thought nobody had been in there yet, i was asking "really??" because normally people on this site are all about being quick with beta and info, and my post went unanswered for literally five months.....silly for something small and mundane. its not like theyre a great secret or anything, so just curious why everyone was holding the beans!

canyoncaptive
09-19-2011, 03:06 PM
I crawled down in there once. What is kinda cool in there is that there are those big rounds of Petrified wood lodged in the canyon. I climbed in, and climbed back out. Not too deep though. Fun spot.