PDA

View Full Version : Canyoneering Gear

moab mark
04-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Many of you probably already use these but when I was at Powell a few weeks ago the group other then myself were all wearing these nice light neoprene short. They are available at Walmart for $10. They are located in the exercise dept. Eric had a pair that fit tightly but Brendan had an xl large pair that he would put on over his harness. With this he could stem etc without putting wear on the back of his harness. When he rappeled he would just pull the front down enough to use his rappel device. Not quite as cool as the Sandtrap but for $10 pretty sweet deal.

Scott Card
04-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Hmmm. Better get me a pair. The price is certainly right. Does this mean the end of the gaping holes in shorts, rear end ventilation?

Don
04-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Abrasion. Is this why superheros wear their undies on the outside?

And, this seems like a good idea. I'm going to look for these...

EvergreenDean
04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Lousy Wal-Mart. Spent lunch break going to get a pair and they don't carry them at ALL Wal-Marts, including the one I went to. I have also envied fellow canyoneers with this solution. I would have forgotten again if not for your post. Thanks Mark.

Iceaxe
04-26-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm not wearing anything that makes me look like a total dork... :lol8:

I have standards. :bootyshake:

It's not like buying a new harness every year is going to break my piggy bank. :bandit:

FWIW: I don't wear those ghey knee pads either.... knee pads are for chicks!

Scott Card
04-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Chick here. :fitz: I love my knee pads. Particularly having crappy knees. It is not so much for the abrasion as it is for the warmth, support and cushion for my lousy knees.