PDA

View Full Version : Help Southern Utah, Arizona Strip Caves...

jdawg
04-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi, I'm looking for some caves in the Southern utah/Arizona strip area. I know of Bloomington and the Lava tubes on Cedar Mt., Snow Canyon etc. I'm looking for others...can anyone help?

Thanks

jman
04-24-2011, 11:47 AM
There are more than 200 explored caves on the Arizona Strip, but they won't be revealed. Kyle Voyles manages the caves, and he is tough to contact. You can talk to him at the BLM located on riverside drive, however, and see what he can do for ya. I talked to him a few years back and he said one of the funnest in the area is Bloomington Cave though.

There are some ice caves on Mt. Trumball area and are located on private property. Kyle mIght give you the location to those.......maybe.....

Other than that, It's tough getting any information for that area.

jdawg
04-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks....and yes it is hard to get any info here.

Deathcricket
04-25-2011, 08:01 AM
If you find any down here, let me know. :haha:

I haven't broken into the inner circle of caving yet. Very tough to get info. Just FYI the Bloomington caves are gated now, but permits are very easy to get and free. Just stop by the BLM office, and take 2 mins to fill out a permit.

jumar
04-27-2011, 09:34 AM
I know of a few down there. Including some that are unconfirmed caves. Shoot me an email, maybe we can coordinate finding some of these leads. jeff.a.baird(AT)gmail.com

BrianC
04-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Apparently there is one near the Enterprise Reservoir called "Lost Cave." It is listed on the Mojave Underground General Cave List wiki (http://www.mojaveunderground.com/wiki/index.php?title=General_Cave_List)

GPS coordinates are 37.491389

Deathcricket
04-04-2012, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE=BrianC;493307]Apparently there is one near the Enterprise Reservoir called "Lost Cave." It is listed on the Mojave Underground General Cave List wiki (http://www.mojaveunderground.com/wiki/index.php?title=General_Cave_List)

GPS coordinates are 37.491389

BrianC
04-04-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm pretty sure I got a bogus tip from someone here on this board to go check that out. It's an indention in the rock that goes back about 15 feet. I figured I had been sent on the equivalent of a snipe hunt. :lol8:

Pretty area though, and nice hike.
Haha well dang thats good to know

jumar
04-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Lost Cave was just an indentation? I think i have that same bogus lead. Glad to know it so I don't go check it out.

Dylan1217
08-14-2016, 09:57 AM
Has anyone found any new caves? Or any caves in Washington county?