PDA

View Full Version : Long range shooting area in northern UT county, souther SL county?

cwareham
04-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey folks, new member, can't believe it took me so long to find this site. It's AWESOME!

I'm looking for a place to take a few friends shooting, I'd like there to be enough area to shoot as far out as 500 yards. I saw a previous post about a BLM spot west of Utah lake, which is great. I remember seeing someone who posted (somewhere else on the intertubes, not here) a spot where there was 1000+ yards, but I can't find it now. It wasn't an official range, but a place where people go to shoot long distance.

Can someone lend a hand with some options?

Thanks!
c

Glockguy
04-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi there:

The west side of Utah Lake is a great place to go shoot. I will not go there on Saturday's though, it gets too crazy with way too many people. One of my friend's was out there 3 weeks ago and got hit in the back by a .22 round :roll:. (He's ok)

I like getting more out in the West Desert and also on the road between Vernon and Eureka.

Are you a ham?

cwareham
04-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the info Glock....nope, not a ham (well, I don't know what you mean, so I assume I'm not :^))

Best,
c

Deadeye008
04-17-2011, 05:38 PM
A buddy and I go out to a spot on the Southwest corner of the GSL. We shoot out to 1000 and there is room to go out a little further. It's just West of the salt factory.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

BruteForce
04-18-2011, 05:13 AM
There are several box canyons just to the west of 10 and 12 mile pass. GPSr coordinates are approx here: [B]N 40

Glockguy
04-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the info Glock....nope, not a ham (well, I don't know what you mean, so I assume I'm not :^))

Best,
c

I was referring to ham (amateur) radio.

cwareham
04-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Awesome. Thanks fellas.

Not a ham, but did some broadcast in college, and some intercept and jamming in the military.

Best,
c

raxafarian
04-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Here's a list of some shooting ranges: http://utahshootingsports.com/usscranges.htm

And I've been to this one if you want an established range not toooo far from SLC and it's a great facility. 1000yd range, 600yd range, etc. etc.
http://www.carbon.utah.gov/nssr/